Dell is selling iPods!

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by gopher, Oct 30, 2002.

1. gopher macrumors 65816

http://news.com.com/2100-1040-963901.html?tag=fd_top

Now the world has really turned upsidedown...

Wasn't it Michael Dell who wanted to have Apple close up shop and sell the stock back to its shareholders only back in February?

Now Dell is doing its best to give Apple visibility, and sales!

2. Falleron macrumors 68000

Falleron

Well, its good to see. Hopefully this will gets Apple lots of profits.

3. Shrek macrumors 65816

Shrek

Well, this was quite unexpected, but very :cool:! However, I don't see the iPod for sale anywhere on Dell's website. :confused:

4. wsteineker macrumors 6502a

wsteineker

Read The Linked Articles, People!

You don't see it on Dell's website because it isn't there...YET. The article linked above clearly states that phone orders of some models are currently available with web sales to begin soon. It's called reading, folks. Top to bottom, left to right. Group of words makes a sentence. Take Tylenol for any headaches, Midol for any cramps. :D

5. mr evil brkfast macrumors member

This is definetely a surprise. It is great that a universal product such as the ipod is getting sold by more than Apple specific vendors- even Dell.

Maybe more Dells will ship with firewire as a result!

6. digital1 macrumors 6502

digital1

very cool

:) I read that a few times. Man it is so weird; is like the world coming to an end yet or something. I mean COME ON! DELL SELLING APPLE ANYTHING! This should be very cool. :D :D :cool:

7. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

Alright this is very:cool: ! What next Apple lower prices? If they make a pda-like machine, it would shurly be as popular

8. digital1 macrumors 6502

digital1

9. gotohamish macrumors 65816

gotohamish

Dude?!

People! Do we really want these people getting their mits on the beautiful iPod? Look at this pic from their home page... the 'average' Dell user puts their keyboard on top of the fruit bowl!

The mother is helping the daughter look up the words "profit" and "margin" in the dictionary. Somewhere where Apple will make more money per iPod than Dell will on some consumer PCs perhaps!:p[​IMG]

10. big macrumors 65816

big

> I read that a few times. Man it is so weird; is like the world coming to an end yet or something.

ummm, the end of the world will come when Apple has some real power.

11. digital1 macrumors 6502

digital1

LOL. I meant that to joke dude. But This should give apple some kick....

12. TMay macrumors 68000

..a stab at Gateway?..

Dell is putting a little pressure on Gateway with this. A detente with Apple is just a temporary measure.

Not having the premier MP3 player is a disadvantage in Gateway's goal of selling consumer products via its retail stores. In a way, Apple and Dell are "colluding" to accelerate Gateway's downfall.

Gateway made a mistake with the iMac comparison ad.

13. railthinner macrumors regular

Apple has for a long time had HP scanners and cameras on their site--Ya know the company that sells the "e pcs." I don't this as being a lot different. I'm sure if Dell decided to get into the mp3 player market they'd dump the ipod and if Apple makes an icam, we'll see some things fly off of their pages. As it stands Dell is not only boosting Apple, but themselves by letting their potential customers know that their computers work with the worlds finest mp3 player. right? maybe

14. spinner macrumors regular

I have sent an email to my manager here at Gateway with a link to that article to see if we can get iPods to keep up with Dell. I will be interested to see what they say. "Ah... well ...hmmm... maybe if we hadn't run those ads bashing the iMac... damn."

Guess maybe you should be careful who you go around trashing on TV. :cool: