Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

entatlrg

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 2, 2009
Waterloo & Georgian Bay, Canada
Anyone of these (good) competitors to the MacBook Air?

Dell Latitude 13 / Thinkpad x301 / Thinkpad Edge

I've owned an x301 and didn't like it at all, poor screen, hot and loud fan, took a loss on eBay with that one.

Not sure what the two new ones are like, hard to find in depth reviews on either the Latitude 13 or Edge.

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
Nope. None of them run Mac OSX.

If someone is shopping on looks alone who knows thats subjective but if you are like me and windows isn't capable of doing what you need it to do if its not a mac its not a competitor.

TSE

macrumors 68040
Jun 25, 2007
St. Paul, Minnesota
Windows 7 is a great operating system. It is fast, stable, and is secure with a free antivirus such as Avira or Windows Security Essentials. Yes Macs beat it in some regards, but Windows beats it in others... It's a wash right now... Maybe 10.7 can show Mac OS X in a better light.

I personally think the Thinkpad X201 is a great machine... if I was in the market for a laptop right now, that's the one I would get. $1200 gets you a tiny laptop with great performance (The new Intel HDs are comparable to the nVidia 9400), great battery life (8-9 hours), a durable build (it's a Thinkpad), and a tiny portable machine that still can be used for anything you throw at it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.