Dell LCD TV

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Bubbasteve, Dec 26, 2005.

1. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

I was wondering if any of you fine people own a Dell LCD HDTV Television... I'm looking to waste my Christmas money on the 19 inch LCD TV. To those of you that can help me out, how did the TV seem?

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I'm very curious too...this is definitely on my lustdar. :) I think maybe the 26" or the 32 if I really squeeeeeze. :eek:

3. wiggy4ever macrumors member

my brother-in-law has the 42 inch dell plasma, and the thing is absolutely gorgeous and at a decent price too....id say go ahead and get the tv u want, u wont regret it

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Can you still get the 19" or 26".

Dell site here (ireland) only have he 32 & 37 online.

I bought the 17" when they first released them and it's a great lcd tv & monitor with loads of inputs.

Then I bought the 26" which is great BUT I have a tearing effect on DVI (PC) setting not DVI (VIDEO) setting??? It's weird and thought it might just be my set. However when a cluster of pixels went in one area I rang dell and they sent out a replacement the next day (great service) however the DVI problem was still there and it had 1 ded pixel exactly in the center of the screen. I tried living with it, but that one pixel just peed me off too much, so back on the phone to Dell and they were great, again they sent me out another new replacement and great NO DEAD PIXELS :D however it still has the DVI problem... Other than that it's a great TV, really good picture quality and for inputs it cant be matched. .2 sets of scart. 2 sets of Svideo. 2 sets composite & 2 sets of Component (HDTV) as well as RF aerial and memory card reader....

They sold in Ireland for 1400 Euro... However
    Before they introduced the new 32 & 37 I saw them for 540 Euro. :eek:
    I thought about buying another just because the price was so unbelievable and thought about it for a couple of days, then when I decided YES i went back online and they had dissapeared completely off the Dell site.....

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

In the US, the current lineup is: 19, 23, 26, 32, and 37 in LCD, and then 42 and 50 in Plasma. :)

Thank you for your impressions! I really, really want one of these up on my wall this year. :) It would look so nice in between my stainless steel picture frames and below my Umbra clock. :)

The 19"-er has frequently been available for as little as $500. The 26" is around $1000USD, but it goes on sale every once in a while. I don't think I've seen it as for as little as you mentioned (€540 = ~ $640USD), but I think I've seen it for <$800USD....

*sigh* The other option would be to get a 2405FPW, but TV won't look as good on it and there will be some other limitations.... ;)

6. alty323 macrumors newbie

Hi matey i bought a dell lcd tv ....1 yr 6 months ago a 32 lcd :) great at first and wouldnt have bought any other, until the tuners went on me and now the tv is useless with the remote ,:mad: id like to add that i have hardly ever used the tv as it was in my spare room an now carnt get a channel at all and Dell have said that its out of warranty so they cannot do anything other than to advise me to connect a digital box to the tv in order to get the channels req but this defeats the point of having inbuilt tuners !!! and clutters up my stand if i was you id advise you to buy a sony

7. iSwitchd macrumors member

this thread is almost 2 years old...

kthanxbye

8. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I know... the last post before the ressurection was me saying I wanted to get one... two years ago. And it's been almost a year since I got mine (not a Dell though) -- I bought it during psot-Thanksgiving specials last year. :)