Dell Secrets

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by G4scott, Sep 22, 2003.

1. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

I don't want this to sound bad, and in no way do I mean for it to show hatred towards anyone. I just want to make a point of something.

I talked with a friend who knows somebody who works for Dell, and he said that Dell tells it's employees to keep it on the down low that Michael Dell is Jewish, so they don't hurt sales in anti-Jewish countries.

I just thought it was odd that they would try to hide something like that, but I guess when it means more sells, it could be worth it...

I just thought it was interesting.

2. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

if he wanted to keep it on the down low he wouldnt tell his employees at all. which would prevent people from telling, kind of like what you are doing. just doesnt make much sense. dell is a big company, im sure not everyone could keep it a secret, and apparently not everyone did.

iJon

3. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Ech...

Lose Sails in anti-Jewish Countries.

Well Aren't most of them on the 'You can't export to these countries' list?

:confused:

He does look a little jewish, but not too much... hmm.

Apple has their own secrects too...

edit: Its an open Secrect.

Like DeCSS... :p

4. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I can't blame him.

People hide things all the time because they would get persecuted for their beliefs. The immaturity of people forces them to. I can attest to this.

scem0

5. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Yes, shoot high. Hit her bf in the head!!

Wait, does that mean I'm not allowed to use a Dell after sundown on a Friday? Are all Dell's made kosher and blessed by a rabbi?

6. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Wow, unless you forgot an *wink* at the end of that, I find the extremely offensive.

7. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I was just being sarcastic. I generally don't think a *wink* is implied if its extremely off the wall....

8. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Hahahahaha, well put.

9. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

no offense, truely, but do you pay attention to the world?

anti-sematism has for a while been an "influencing factor" in american business decisions. just like the jewish themselves have, supposedly. The cola wars provided excellent breeding ground for these accusations. likely, this dell rumor is not factual, based on the sheer number of times it's been falsely alleged in the past (on both sides). personally, i think that since we have much closer business connections with Israel, anti-sematism isn't as much of a problem as, say, anti-palestine influences. but that's why i don't generally discuss the israel/palestine war.

pnw

10. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

All jewish people in my neighbourhood (I live in a 95% jewish neighbourhood) will tell you that its somewhat of a factor, but truth be told, I can't even tell they're jewish until they mention it.

11. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

I spit out my pepsi when I read this...*wipes dual monitors*

Yes there is much anti-semitism in the world. Take for example any country that is not friends with Israel.....

12. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

So, then any country not friends with the US is anti-christian because that's the predominant faith here?

13. e-coli macrumors 68000

e-coli

No. Christian is not a race of people, it is a belief system. "Jewish", or Judaism just happens to be both a lineage, and a belief system. Because of this, I think it becomes all too easy to misconstrue ones beliefs about the politics and actions of the Jews, and call it anti-Semitism.

14. ColoJohnBoy macrumors 65816

ColoJohnBoy

That seems rather silly. If such persuasions affected sales, Rush "I'm-Getting-What-I-Deserve-By-Going-Blind" Limbaugh wouldn't own an Apple. Neither would our own Tazo, or any number of other conservatives/Republicans.

15. caveman_uk Guest

caveman_uk

The US and the west have been described as 'The Crusaders' (referring to to medieval crusades) in reference to Afganistan and Iraq. Those countries that don't like the US probably don't do it for religious reasons - at least not the political leaders. They do it because they don't like other things about the US - like it's foreign policy. The leaders in those countries just use religious metaphors to stir up the populace

16. amin macrumors 6502a

amin

Not everyone who opposes Israeli policy or even the creation of Israel as we know it is anti-semitic. Conversely, even countries that support Israel (such as the United States) house far too much anti-semitism.

17. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

I think everyone is misconstruing my point here.

It is just as ridiculous to say that all countries who don't like Israel are anti-semitic as it is to say that all countries who don't like the US are anti-christian.

18. raschild macrumors member

In a word, yes. Look at the Middle East. 90% of the problems there are caused by or related to anti-Semitism. But, as was mentioned earlier, some of those countries are on the "do not export to" list.

19. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

You'd be surprised. Anti-semitism is on the upswing in western Europe, and in France in particular. Neo-nazis are a force to be reckoned with in Germany, and in Russia -- well, let's just call it an age-old tradition. The US is hardly immune, either -- some of the nastiest neo-nazi groups in the world call America home. Less so in the Middle East, I think, were the conflict is more about the politics of territory, history and economic power then it is about religion.

20. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Could be worse...

The CEO could be getting hints on running the company from a cow.

Of course, since THAT company fired the cow they're trying to remake themselves into a consumer electronics shop.

I think they should have fired the CEO and promoted the cow.

21. Macco macrumors regular

But... but... Dell can't be Jewish. He's evil...

22. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

He's actually a very cool guy.

I met him (his daughter went to my private school).

scem0