Dell Unveils 30" LCD Display

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Mr. Anderson, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

2. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Meh. If it ain't significantly cheaper, I'll probably buy Apples because they look nicer. $1999 is a good price point.

Here's to the Crazy Ones [​IMG]

3. Mr. Anderson thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

The thing I was waiting for was a drop in the price of the 24" - its now on sale for $900 :D

I just bought #2, so I'm quite happy - I'd rather have 2 24" than a 30" because its better real estate for what I do - that and I think the 30" is too big to sit in front of and take it all in at once.

D

4. Moof1904 macrumors 65816

Wqxga Wtf?

Am I the only one that thinks it's stupid to keep inventing new code words for video resolution? VGA, XGA, SVGA, WQXGA, BFD, IUD, WTF, etc....

Why not just state the resolution by pixel dimension? 800x0600, 1024x768, so the people don't have to carry a glossary with them!

Aaaaaggggghhhh.........

5. Mr. Anderson thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I don't even bother with the code words for display sizes- its a little confusing - just tell me the res :D

But there is some guy at a standards job who has to worry about this sort of thing - I wonder who comes up with them and if they have a list of future ones. When Apple comes out with their 50", is it going to be a OMGVGA :p

D

6. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

Looks pretty sweet. I wonder if my powerbook will work with it. I have the most recent model before the screen upgrade. If my PB can support the Apple 30" could I support the Dell 30"??

Hopefully this will spark some price competition, and I can't wait to see a $200 rebate on the Dell.

7. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Yes.

Both screens require a dual-link DVI connection.

8. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

I believe the next one in the progression is actually PFBVGA. ;)

9. law guy macrumors 6502a

law guy

Thanks for posting. This would be fantastic to have at work. I'm glad to see that Dell improved the look the base with the 30". The 24" was so well reviewed, it would be nice if the 30" lives up to the same level of performance.