DELL Using MAC OSX!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by goodwill, Mar 23, 2004.

1. macrumors regular

Is it me, or am I oblivious to something- I saw earlier in the week about stock pictures being for sale and I'm aware windows has a desktop that uses a similar background to apple, however, this genuinely looks like apple to me. thoughts?

Attached Files:

2. thread starter macrumors regular

followup

ok, so they aren't, but id hate windows even more if they did

Attached Files:

3. macrumors P6

wdlove

They always say that emulation is the sincerest form of flattery. Dell would go out of business if they didn't. We just need to make sure that they don't cross the line.

4. macrumors regular

are emulation and imitation the same thing? sorry to nitpick :eek: .

5. macrumors 65816

Savage Henry

in a one horse, two house, three pub town.
    Dell Copies Apple

Further news tonight:

A stunned Vatican crowd discover the Pope is Catholic and has been for some time now.

Man bitten by dog tells us "well I never heard of no dog biting no man..."

6. macrumors regular

i have to say, that was an awesome post. bravo.

7. macrumors 68000

Spock

The Windows Logo was made on a Mac.

8. macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

HAHA! That's hilarious.....

9. macrumors 68040

takao

hm red hat uses _exactly_ the same background as apple uses so they are ripping of too
    mandrake has some blue one liek those dells too
    btw:most desktop backgrounds are blue ;)

black for me all the way ;-)

10. macrumors member

:confused: I just read that and forgot what colour my desktop was, and as I'm stuck using wndows its not constantly there peaking out between all the various ap windows
    mines that nice flat shade of blue thats defualt on windows (once you remove the horrid defualt picture thay put there). I used to have it really dark gray, but changed it for some reason

the macs I use at collage have a really dull flat gray background, and thay are still using os9 :(
    apart from one, where the colour on the moniter is so off its all pink :eek:

11. macrumors 68000

Daveman Deluxe

Are they specifically for graphic design? Good designers set their desktop backgrounds to middle gray so that color perception is not skewed.

12. macrumors member

yes, thay are for graphics, but its not a middle gray, and it has some hidiously coloured writing on it, something along the lines of 'these computers are for educational use only, playing games will result in strict displenary action' and somethina about not eating or drinking in the room

the macs are all set up by the IT staff who reside on the other side of the collage, and probably only ever see the macs once a year, thay wouldn't know a thing about grapics design. The teachers have no imput in to how the macs are set up. one teacher tryed to get them to run a program to try and get atleast semi-decent colour matching on the (cheep horrid LCD) moniters, and thay refused as the virus scanner thay had thought it was a virus.

a while ago we did this one day project where we had to make a short film, in the end it became a two day project as it took so long to get the IT guys to give students permission to use imovie :rolleyes:

that was an enjoyable little rant....

13. macrumors 68040

takao

well im windows user too (yeah i know but this computer runs and i can't buy mac just because i like one now i'll have to wait till this one gets too slow/old)
    i actually only look at my desktop when i start up some programs or other applications (i don't use the start menu really) most of the time i use my icons in the quicklaunch bar (10 icons)
    in linux i look more often at my background (somebody knows the "KDE Kraftwurm" ? you can get it at http://www.rsise.anu.edu.au/~fergus/wallpaper/kde/) when im using transparent konsole etc.
    but in windows i use msot of the time full screen ..in only have a 1024x786 crt sadly enough ..

14. macrumors regular

nuclearwinter

You are in COLLEGE, not COLLAGE. I can't believe people in college can still spell basic words incorrectly. :confused:

15. macrumors regular

nuclearwinter

HOLY FREAKIN' STREAM OF THOUGHT!!!! What the H are you trying to say?

16. macrumors 6502a

blueflame

HAHA

holy rusted metal batman!

seems like the influx of user-friendiness has converged into the secter of writing. I am sorry for you, you poor windows user you. switch to a Apple, your grammer will improve dramatically, and your stress level will drop.
    ;-)
    AK

17. macrumors regular

So was the Macrumors logo, and a picture of two birds attacking each other (don't worry about it.)

18. macrumors 68040

JFreak

you're right - they see macs once a year just to check that they are ok. they see windows pc's daily just to fix them ;)

19. macrumors 6502a

thatwendigo

IT Guy: "Yep, looks like that G4 is still on..." *looks down at beeper* "Oh, lovely..."

:D

20. macrumors 65816

billyboy

emulate is to duplicate so as to imitate, and probably the same in reverse!

21. macrumors 6502

Not true

I consider myself a good designer and I don't use the middle gray color I think is boring and uncreative here a pict of my desktop...

Attached Files:

22. macrumors 6502a

Krizoitz

becuse lord nos konw one on this bored evar misspellz anything write?

I'm about to graduate and I misspell or misstype all the time. If I am writing a term paper I'll go back and proof read, but for the internet unless I'm trying to make some sort of salient argument that I want taken very seriously (usually the politcal forum, yes I know lost cause but I'm an optimist) then i watch my spelling. Otherwise, meh.

23. macrumors 6502a

yoman

I like your dock. Quite a few icons you got tucked away in there. :)

24. macrumors 6502

Thanks

I use a lot of applications at the same time :D long live os X

25. jsw
    Moderator emeritus

jsw

I'm sure you probably know this already - I can't quite make out enough detail to tell for certain on your desktop picture - but you could always put a number of those application icons into a folder, then drag the folder onto the dock (right side) and right-click (or control-click for you purists out there) to get at them. That might reduce your dock size, if you care.

Also, and similarly, dragging your Applications folder (and, for many, the Utilities folder within Applications) to your dock lets you have quick and easy access to all your applications, again by right/control clicking.

Again, odds are that you and everyone reading this already knew that, but it's a nice tip (read elsewhere a long time ago) that might help those who don't already know.

A bit off-topic, perhap....