Dell's 19-inch 1905FP LCD has backlight issue

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Iyan, Jan 18, 2006.

1. Iyan macrumors newbie

After fruitlessly persuading my company to buy an Apple 20-inch monitor instead of a Dell monitor for image analysis, the Dell monitor finally came.

We hooked it with the computer, it showed image;
    I set the background to none, adjusted color setting to black, and turned off all the lights;
    Aha, the monitor has a dirty face:
    The backlight is not even at all!!!
    The upper-right corner has a smear of whitish background, a bulb seems sitting right behind the screen.
    The lower-left corner has the same issue, much brighter than the surrounding area.
    It's definitely ugly.
    I know Apple's 20-inch has no such an issue.

That's typical Dell: cheaper price (S399 vs Apple's $799), usable monitor but genetically deficiency somehow.

Apple's 23-inch has similar problem. Has anybody checked Dell's monitor the way I did?

2. HungrySeacow macrumors regular

I had a dell 1905FP with my mac mini. The backlight on it was better then any other LCD that I have come across. However, the while level was not as white as many other hight quality screens that I have used. One thing that I must mention, is that that I have had 5 iMacs, 4 20" G5 iSights, and now a 20" Core Duo. Every single one of them has had some sort of LCD issue. Backlights, blotches, not being centered to being tilted.... Shame Apple shame :p.