Dell's 19-inch 1905FP LCD has backlight issue

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Iyan, Jan 18, 2006.

1. Iyan macrumors newbie

Sep 22, 2005
    After fruitlessly persuading my company to buy an Apple 20-inch monitor instead of a Dell monitor for image analysis, the Dell monitor finally came.

We hooked it with the computer, it showed image;
    I set the background to none, adjusted color setting to black, and turned off all the lights;
    Aha, the monitor has a dirty face:
    The backlight is not even at all!!!
    The upper-right corner has a smear of whitish background, a bulb seems sitting right behind the screen.
    The lower-left corner has the same issue, much brighter than the surrounding area.
    It's definitely ugly.
    I know Apple's 20-inch has no such an issue.

That's typical Dell: cheaper price (S399 vs Apple's $799), usable monitor but genetically deficiency somehow.

Apple's 23-inch has similar problem. Has anybody checked Dell's monitor the way I did?
  2. HungrySeacow macrumors regular

Jan 11, 2006
    West Palm Beach
    I had a dell 1905FP with my mac mini. The backlight on it was better then any other LCD that I have come across. However, the while level was not as white as many other hight quality screens that I have used. One thing that I must mention, is that that I have had 5 iMacs, 4 20" G5 iSights, and now a 20" Core Duo. Every single one of them has had some sort of LCD issue. Backlights, blotches, not being centered to being tilted.... Shame Apple shame :p.