Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Someone tell me when all this avatarial switching insanity is over, so I can re-enable the option to display avatars.

However, I'm kinda digging not being able to see avatars and sigs right now. The page loads much faster. I didn't realize browsing with avatars off made reading posts so much more relaxing and enjoyable. I may keep avatars turned off indefinitely.

njmac

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
I turned signatures off and I really like it. I'm going to keep them off.

I tried turning avatars off and that lasted about 5 minutes. I like 'em.

Flowbee

macrumors 68030
Dec 27, 2002
Alameda, CA
njmac said:
I turned signatures off and I really like it. I'm going to keep them off.

I tried turning avatars off and that lasted about 5 minutes. I like 'em.

I just turned off avatars and sigs and I'm loving it. Makes the forums so much easier to read.

efoto

macrumors 68030
Nov 16, 2004
Cloud 9 (-6)
Abstract said:
They're a couple? So edesign is dating dietvanillacoke, which implies that lacero and efoto are dating dietvanillacoke, as is the girl from TATU since that's what Lacero looks like. Okay, crystal clear. *squinty eyes*

I don't know anyone's name. This is like the first day of school. Oh hell, I'll admit it.......its like the last day of school as well. I'm horrible with names, goshdarnit!

"Mad.......Jew?" Wow, that's an interesting one...

Hey wait, how did I get thrown in that mess? :confused:

Well if that is the case....may I say, my girl you have some nice, umm, hoo-hahs *duck* ;) I can say that because we're dating (apparently :confused: )

attachment.php

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Flowbee said:
I just turned off avatars and sigs and I'm loving it. Makes the forums so much easier to read.

That would take a lot of the fun out of the forum experience. :(

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
janey said:
I still have no idea WTF you're talking about, mate...:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I'm pretty sure he means that that was the be-all end-all definitive posting that caused the madness to become that much worse.

:rolleyes:

Whyren

macrumors 6502a
OutThere said:
I'm pretty sure he means that that was the be-all end-all definitive posting that caused the madness to become that much worse.

:rolleyes:

I'd actually meant "thread" instead of "post." So, honestly, has anyone figured this out? It's confusing the heck out of me. Did someone hack MR (I fear for my avatar) or is this some VB bug. Or is it just a cruel, cruel demi trick?

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Whyren said:
I'd actually meant "thread" instead of "post." So, honestly, has anyone figured this out? It's confusing the heck out of me. Did someone hack MR (I fear for my avatar) or is this some VB bug. Or is it just a cruel, cruel demi trick?
Bored demi-gods ...

Always happens when the lofty people get bored and start torturing the peons, until they rise up and grind them up into sausage for their dogs.

Nothing ends the reign of the evil overloads faster than being sent on a quick trip through the digestive tract of a pooch.

Does wonders for the peons morale, and leaves the gods considering life as a stinking pile of poop.

Either that or the herbal balms being smoked this week are a little stronger than usual.

attachment.php

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
I think your latter assumption is correct, Sun Baked, as I see nothing wrong. You might want to check with your herbal balm provider.

efoto

macrumors 68030
Nov 16, 2004
Cloud 9 (-6)
Sun Baked said:
Bored demi-gods ...

Always happens when the lofty people get bored and start torturing the peons, until they rise up and grind them up into sausage for their dogs.

Nothing ends the reign of the evil overloads faster than being sent on a quick trip through the digestive track of a pooch.

Does wonders for the peons morale, and leaves the gods considering life as a stinking pile of poop.

Either that or the herbal balms being smoked this week are a little stronger than usual.

attachment.php

Sort of....maybe :rolleyes:

I think the entire thing is quite funny actually. The only one(s) that really bug me is/are the mass-seisure inducing ones....those are getting on my nerves! :mad: :p

Whyren

macrumors 6502a
efoto said:
Sort of....maybe :rolleyes:

I think the entire thing is quite funny actually. The only one(s) that really bug me is/are the mass-seisure inducing ones....those are getting on my nerves! :mad: :p

I have to wonder how far in advance these things are decided...do they have a "This Week's Crazy Avatar Scheme" calendar?

desktop61pm.gif

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Whyren said:
I have to wonder how far in advance these things are decided...do they have a "This Week's Crazy Avatar Scheme" calendar?

I have an idea, as I've been contacted to participate before, but I'm not telling.. :p ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.