Democratic state senator in nude pictures

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Adelphia news link

I don't imagine this is gonna go over well in West Virginia. All I can say is I'm glad it's only a state senate race at stake here. And that at least this time it appears it was a mutually-consented situation between adults. (The computer theft issue, however, is another matter.)

And speaking of being embarrasssed...who wrote that headline??

2. Queso macrumors G4

Here we go. The standard "Yeah, we may be a bunch of liars, but they're worse" response. Don't you just love politicians? :rolleyes:

3. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

yeah, what do u think, this is worse than Mark Foley? Its you who want to make a comparison. and let me remind you:
    taking a naked photo doesn't break any law, seducing minor does, giving alcohol to minor does.
    Understand?

ooops, let me retract, I now think he didn;t do anything wrong, what do you think? doing a body painting, take a picture and store on personal computer for private memory is illegal? dirty? or what?

4. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

Unless there's something they're not telling us, it doesn't sound like he did anything illegal. I think the question (as Thomas noted) is what the people of West Virginia think about it, and whether they want someone with a "personal identification situation" (whatever that's double-talk for) representing them.

5. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Indeed. WV is not exactly a liberal state, which is why I said this may not go over too well there.

OTOH, I myself do have some sympathy for White, and particularly for his family, for whom this must be terribly embarrassing. Who knows what's going on in White's mind? It sounds like he's probably homosexual, but he also could be bi or have gender identity problems.

White's biggest problem was: if you're famous, and you're gonna keep pictures like that, for God's sake why wouldn't you encrypt them?

Anyway, no apparent crime on White's part, just how the people of WV will react to him now. (I hope he doesn't try to blame it on alcohol/abuse/anything else.)

No, if there's a crime involved, it's this: who hacked into his computer and stole the picture?

Potentially this could backfire big time if it points to any Republicans.

6. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

It looks like he may have painted himself into a corner.

7. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Nude photos? Oh give me a break. This is just silly. :rolleyes:

8. beatsme macrumors 65816

beatsme

eh...I think the real issue is how it'll play in Webster county. The guy is a Democrat, and Webster county is a coal & lumber community, which means it's a union community and therefore diehard Democrat.

we're not all bumpkins in WV, though I think this kind of thing would look at lot worse in one of the more developed areas. I'm inclined to think that the back-country folk will chalk it up to a little too much beer, depending on the nature of the photos, which I have not seen. If this guy was from Putnam county (which means nothing to those of you who aren't from there, I realize), he'd be doomed.

9. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I think the people who wouldn't have voted for him anyway, won't vote for him now. That'll hurt.

It sounds to me more like something stupid rather than something sexual but there will be people who will let their imaginations run wild but then, they weren't voting for him anyway, most likely, right?

10. ChrisWB macrumors 6502

What is up with politicians and their sex lives? Does joining a party force you to lose all discretion?

11. beatsme macrumors 65816

beatsme

truthfully, I'm a little surprised someone's even running against him. It's not at all unusual for local Democrats in this state to run unopposed.

will it hurt him? Eh...I dunno. If the only alternative to him is a Republican then I'm inclined to doubt it.

12. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

It sounds like a stupid bar bet "if my football team loses to your football team me and my buddies will strip naked and paint ourselves your football team's colors."

Who hasn't made that bet?..... really?.... it's just me?....

13. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

haha, you, did u take any pictures? :D yeah, so sad republicans can only find these stuff to counter Mark Foley "problem".

14. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Speak of the devil. :D Wasn't I just saying something about imagination running wild?

I'd swear that people in the midwest have sex on the brain.

15. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

As opposed to..?

16. Desertrat macrumors newbie

Jakesbeer's "Puck" was correct: "What fools these mortals be."

:D, 'Rat

17. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

on the kitchen table.

18. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

It's the home cooking that does it.

19. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

You speak from experience?

20. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

The October surprise Rove was talking about? Only he didnt count on Foley chasing boys in the Republican Halls and Hastert turning a blind eye to it all.

21. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

I cartainly do.... :D ;) :cool:

22. Desertrat macrumors newbie

The kitchen table's okay, but be careful of a dining table.

The wife and I are 86ed from Ruth's Chris steak house...

'Rat

23. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Well, I hear that's because there were steak knives involved.

24. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

Gotta pin the table cloth in place with something.....;) :D

25. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Personally, I like it right on the Formica. Of course, that means there's a bigger chance of friction burn, but that actually makes it more...exciting somehow.