Democrats: DHS Hasn't Fulfilled Promises

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Dec 27, 2005.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

Jul 18, 2002

2. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Dec 3, 2002
    Come on, they can't even prioritize threats?

And the bastards have created far more problems than they've solved. I was just speaking to a friend tonight, an entomologist, who says all imports of zoological specimens into the country were suspended for three weeks because DHL thought there needed to be holes in the boxes. Despite the fact that the specimens in question were in the pupal stage and needed no holes ( I'm told).

What the hell is DHL doing telling entomologists that their boxes need holes in them when they don't?

Even the terrorist catchting things they do are useless. No one can park within x feet of the airport. They just ended the "no tweezers" rule on airplanes. The Statue of Freaking Liberty is off limits. They spy on Americans (technically the NSA, but come on, the DHL has to be involved - and if they're not, then this whole information-sharing idea is pretty much a joke, right)

It's all a bunch of ********. The sooner our dear leader gets voted the **** out (impeachment or otherwise) the better.
  3. mactastic macrumors 68040

Apr 24, 2003
    Unfulfilled promises about homeland security huh? Well, just file them with the 'uniter not a divider', 'dead or alive', 'no child left behind', 'changing the tone in Washington', 'avoiding even the appearance of impropriety', 'we know where the WMDs are', 'we'll do whatever it takes to rebuild New Orleans', 'anyone involved in the Plame leak will be fired', and all the other unfulfilled promises of this administration.
  4. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Feb 14, 2004
    Unfortunately, this story doesn't seem to be getting any traction. Count on Democrats to bring this issue up during the upcoming elections, though.

I do with they'd counter the oft-repeated lie that it was Democrats who didn't want the Department of Homeland Security to be created in the first place.
  5. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

Jul 23, 2002
    Jobs' Spare Liver Jar
    You whiny sissy libs!

How can you expect them to get anything done if they can't do random unchecked wiretaps followed by secret arrest, deportation and torturing during interrogation?

I mean, how would you do law enforcement? Using the law and the courts? Please! We might as well just give the country to the terrorists if we do that.

Now there's a man -- a real man -- who understands how to protect America.
  6. solvs macrumors 603

Jun 25, 2002
    LaLaLand, CA
    Oh come on. We all know he was misquoted when he said that. He actually said "This is a dictatorship and it's a whole lot easier now that I'm the dictator... freedom."