Democrats Pledge to 'Eliminate' Osama

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Mar 28, 2006.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

2. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I guess FDR had a bad record on these things. :rolleyes: Yay! I'm glad to hear this. It's about damn time. Now they just have to take morality back too. ;)

3. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Well, it's something at least. I guess. I'll believe it when I see it.

4. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

It's kind of perfect when you think about it. The Bushies can't get bin Laden or haven't tried. Why not make it a priority? Shouldn't we have in the first place?

5. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Of course, but Bush talked about it too. And then when he couldn't do it, he started talking about other stuff. The Dems didn't really run with it as much as they should have. Like when the tape was released before the 2004 elections, using that to prove Bush is incompetent in the WOT, especially because we got side tracked by Iraq. At least people are talking about it again, but I still want results. I'm tired of talking points.

6. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

At this point, either bin laden was gotten a while back and we don't know about it, or we'll never get him.

He has proven that he can't be found if he doesn't want to be found thus far, and I don't think that any further pressure on him will make a difference.

7. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

It would help if they were actually trying. We've been told they are, but I don't see it. The whole Tora Bora thing still pisses me off. Maybe he's dead.

I do wonder if he hasn't already been caught and they're just waiting until before the 2006 elections, but that would just be stupid.

8. tristan macrumors 6502a

I don't like GW, but there are two things that make me feel physically ill...

a) 9/11 could have easily been prevented
    b) the US govt never made a real effort to catch bin Laden

9. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Oh I wouldn't say that. Otherwise, why hunt down any criminals after they've eluded capture for 5 years?

Do you remember how long the Israelis spent chasing down Nazis after WWII? Some were still being tracked down in the 1980s IIRC. What if they'd had your attitude?

10. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

Strongest, richest and most powerful military in the world and we cant find a 6 foot tall Muslim hauling a dialysis machine in the mountains.

In over 4 years.

Its sad, just so sad that the Administration wasnt lynched for not finding the man who started this whole "War on Terrorism".

Kids in 50yrs will go, OMFG they didnt catch Osama but instead went after Saddam, what morons.

11. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Yes, and that's one thing I like about this.

We've been saying for a while now that the Democrats, in order to take advantage of the Republicans' weakness, need to come up with some sort of (you should pardon the expression) contract with America...one that says, if you elect us, we will do x, y and z. Pledging to go after Osama, instead of make-believe WMD, is a huge step in the right direction.

The Dems should keep going in this direction, because it's a winner.

12. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I agree completely.

13. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

This is the best they could come up with? This image came to mind as I read it.

Attached Files:

14. iGary Guest

iGary

The Democrats have like zero leadership at this point, its sad.

I hate to see what 2008 brings.

In fact, scratch that, the whol government is sad right now...I'll go back to singing.

Oh Canada, oh Canada...

15. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

If you want to read the whole plan you can do so at the DNC website. It is a very good start at laying out an agenda for the 2006 election. As much as I like Newt's "had enough?" slogan, I think this is part of a better approach to go along with holding the GOP accountable for the incompetence and corruption during their hold over all branches of government.

16. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

People are saying that now. ;)

17. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

:confused: Looks like Sir John Geilgud after being hit in the mouth by Mike Tyson.

18. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

Hadn't thought of that, but excellent catch, Thomas. Even so, what does the picture have to do with the thread? Do you have a clue, because rdowns wasn't kind enough to tell us? Could it be that all democrats who want to focus on the capture of bin Ladin will end up needing dental work? Or are we to infer the man is the picture is laughing because he is so happy someone is finally telling it like it is? Perhaps it is to warn of the effects of premature aging visited on those who have been waiting for this administration to do something that makes sense? Hmmm.... the possibilities are endless.

19. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

I believe rdowns implication was that our policy is "toothless". At least that's what I inferred.

Stay tuned for conformation from the source...

20. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

wow, that's quite a goal.

21. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

I can confirm that.

22. tristan macrumors 6502a

Running on a "we'll find bin Laden" platform is dangerous, because:

a) the republican administration might find him first
    b) you might get elected and then still not find him

23. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

a) what are the odds of that? They've shown no interest in allocating the right resources to do so yet.

b)I think the dems would have to win the white house before the clock starts ticking on their effort. Will a Democratic administration get the same 8 years to find him this incompetent one will have wasted in its efforts?

24. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

the MSM will give them 6 months, at best.

25. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Hey, you could beat the Republicans on a platform of, "Well, at least we'll look for him!"