Demographics of this forum

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Nychot, Sep 24, 2011.

1. macrumors 6502a

Has there ever been a breakdown of the ages of the people who post here?i suspect its high teems to mid 20s mostly.

2. macrumors 6502

16-50

3. macrumors 604

ZBoater

Sometimes it feels like Tweens.... :p

4. macrumors 65816

Airforcekid

I would say 12-55 various backgrounds. Seems like there is a lot of western Europe on here too.

5. macrumors regular

Why would you think that? I don't know for sure but I would think the age demographics far exceed that age range. I'm quite confident that there is a large group of thirty-sums on these forums.

6. macrumors 6502

Agreed, especially when you look at some of the houses, cars and setups that some people on here have

7. macrumors 68040

Considering that apple products themselves aren't exactly cheap, I would expect the majority of owners to be at least middle-class and capable of living rather comfortably, not counting the rare kid who chose to trade in his kidney for an ipad...:p

8. macrumors 6502

I think a bit of every group is in the mac demographic.

I'm in the working-middle class I suppose and 28. I'm a self-employed tradesman and I have to work hard for my money, sometimes I have good month, sometimes I have a bad month. I have to save to buy the things that I want (like my new macbook air). I can't just go out and buy a new laptop on a whim. But on the flip side If you have to work hard for things you appreciate them more.
    I even made my own sleeve for it because I couldn't justify paying £30 for what is essentially a big thick sock, I just went to the local textile shop and bought some thick wooly fabric for the outside, velvety material for the inside and some padding for between the 2 layers all for about £5 and spent an hour or so sewing it all together.

9. Moderator emeritus

Hellhammer

10. macrumors member

A demographic factor I would really like to know the truth about, are the actual platform ownership/usage characteristics of the users. And how many live under bridges. ;)