Demonstration Speech Help

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Moshiiii, May 27, 2006.

1. Moshiiii macrumors 6502a

Moshiiii

Greetings! :D
    I've been assigned to do a Demonstration Speech.. I've raked my brain for a week to come up with a interested topic and I have nothing. So I'm turning to the knowledge of the world wide web. I was thinking I could intergrate my Macbook Pro into my demostration speech because its a nice looking hardware and sorta interesting. Any ideas will be appreciated.

2. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

How about demonstrating all the things Vista is going to be stealing from OS X? :D It'll give you a chance to show off the Mac OS features and dis Microsoft.

3. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

wait...so is this a speech demonstrating something, or a speech at a demonstration of some sort? :confused: :eek:

4. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

I think demonstration speeches usually answer "how" questions -- how something works or how to do something.

I think that Thomas Veil has a great idea.

How long will your speech be? If you're on a tight time budet, maybe focus on how one piece of software works, or a specific system feature (expose, for example, or fast user switching).

Good speeches (and writing) come from asking questions: what "how to" questions can you ask about your Mac?

5. Moshiiii thread starter macrumors 6502a

Moshiiii

Good Idea, but I think I'm going to settle on "How to juggle". Gonna be pretty easy.