Demos?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Fahd, Dec 4, 2003.

1. Fahd macrumors regular

Do most game makers not make downloadable demos available for macs?

I'd like to download a few demo games and try them out. If you have any links, please list them.

I went to apple.com/games and then to find games, but most of them simply had a review and a trailer with no demos.

2. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

no links but go to apple.com/games and macgamefiles.com dont know what type of games you like but you will find plenty at both sites also pay attention to the system requirements- for example you wont be playing UT2003 on a g3 ibook! anyways enjoy your gaming. one more thing there are a lot of demo's outthere and shareware so you can still have a lot of fun at no cost. must have played the UT demo for a year before i got the game.

3. lmann macrumors member

4. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

If you don't have broadband, be prepared for a loooooooooong wait on the download. Gone are the days when demo's used to be a couple o' megabytes.

5. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I remember, several years ago now, when you could order demos in on floppies from shaeware catalogues. Then the Internet came along. I still liked reading through the catalogues though, so I could see what was available and decide what to download :)

6. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I usually buy MacFormat magazine to get lots of demos. MacAddict is usually good too.

7. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

MacAddict is a must for any mac lover, shareware,demo's,updates but i like the magazine when taking a long hot bath. wish they would clean up the benchmarks though, allways using that darn photo blurrr Yuck:eek: also wish they would use a complete set of benches on every Mac so we can see which mac is for us.