dems now more trusted on iraq, terrorism, everything (poll)

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Oct 7, 2006.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

2. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

yeah, like I said, repubs never had a iraq plan, nor terrorists, just "stay the course", even the "course to doom".

3. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

This is certainly good news, but I'm not going to put much faith in it until we see how bad the republicans steal votes in November.

4. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

I'm voting Democrat all the way down the line unless someone says I shouldn't. :D

5. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

6. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Having been once bitten in the 2004 election, I've been twice shy to declare that people are sick enough of Bush and the neocons to elect Democrats this November.

However, I think this one brings me down off the fence. Unless the Democrats do something stupid or Rove pulls some magic trick out of his @$$, I think the Republicans are about to lose big.

7. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

i remain unconvinced that there remains a correlation between polling and election "results". conspiracy theorists are welcome to fill in the gaps.

8. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

No "filling in" needed. I live in Ohio. :eek:

I hope you are wrong. Questionable Republican "victories" in multiple states, and the inevitable charges of foul that would ensue, would only serve to tear this country apart even more.

9. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Democrats... winning by default! Now don't blow it. :rolleyes:

I'm sure the Dems will make some headway like they did in '05. Just probably not as much as some of us would hope. Not that I actually expect them to do much of anything when they do, but at least it'd be better than what's going on now. Not that that's saying much.

10. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Thank GWB for that.

11. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

It is really difficult to get a read on this election.

Pelosi and the Dems are finally presenting the country some clear, unified ideas about how they would govern. Whether they repeat that message often enough (which is how the Republicans win things) is another story.

Then there are certain elections which are practically theft-proof. Here in Ohio, Democrat Ted Strickland is leading Republican (crook) Ken Blackwell by double-digits, typically in the 12-15 point range. If Blackwell were to "win", well, there's no way they could claim "margin of error". It would look like very obvious theft, and investigations would surely follow.

OTOH, there are races that are a lot tighter. Rove usually has some national strategy (anti-gay marriage amendments, etc.) for unifying his base around election time. This year I see no such tactics. With scandal and failure surrounding the Republican party, it makes me wonder if Rove has turned his attention away from the traditional propaganda and scare tactics, and more towards fixing the results.

12. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Rove's strategy is again to sell fear,fear and more fear. Cheney has been out scaring little old ladies that WWIII is right around the corner if democrats are elected. Its the only thing the republicans have to run on because they dont have a record to run on and they have made a disaster out of Iraq. If we arent getting any Oil out of Iraq to pay for this stupid war of his we should just put Saddam back in with a few stipulations. After bombing 130,000 Iraqi's, destroying the country and giving these folks a reason to become terrorists Im still wondering what happened to all those WMDs we were told about??? Spin & Lies from Cowards who were hiding under the desk during Nam. Cheney 5 draft deferrals. 5. That should tell folks about his lack of character. Our country's reputation destroyed and the American Tax Payer has been shafted again by the power mongers while the Constitution is under attack not by Saddam but by Bush,Cheney,Rove,Delay,Hastert,Frists,Libbey, everyone who was missing when the govt came calling them for Vietnam.:( We can do better these these guys.

13. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

After seeing what went down in the Maryland primary elections, I'm still justifiably concerned about the security and accuracy of these elections.

I've even considered promoting the use of cell phone cameras to document your selections at the polls or some other means to prove who you voted for.

Absentee ballots, paper ballots, write in ballots, something to produce a permanent
    record.

We still do not have a way to determine what happens inside those Diebold machines.
    We don't know if they will be pre-loaded or if they will be programmed to crash
    if the results are not favorable to the Republican candidates.

I am convinced that these vermin will stop at nothing to hold on to their power.

14. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Democrats will need 5-7 point leads in pre-election polling in most races to offset the GOPs superior GOTV operation. If there's one thing the GOP does well, it's get their base to turn out to vote.

They get people to commit to finding 10 people who can vote but aren't, and bring those people to the polls however it takes. I'm working on doing that myself, I think I've got close to that number amongst my social circle who will vote this cycle.

15. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I got my wife not only interested but now registered to vote. Theres is one more vote. I wish more Americans would be paying attention what this party of the Rich are doing to this country. Get registered America.

16. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

The greatest hurdle to overcome in these Congressional elections is to make people understand that these votes are more important than their votes for president.

17. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

honestly that doesn't suprise me at all.

18. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

I'm thinking Mark Foley may have inadvertently saved the world from world war III. Yeah really, if you think about it; if the Rupublicans lose control of the house in November and GW isn't able to get what he needs to invade Iran, Mark Foley just might be an unrecognized hero. :D

19. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Unless he's already invading Iran. It's October. Surprise!