Dems Would Dump Kerry For Hillary

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by mcfudd, Jun 1, 2004.

1. mcfudd macrumors member

Sen. John Kerry may have his party's nomination locked up, but rank-and-file Democrats would still rather nominate Sen. Hillary Clinton to run against President Bush this year, a new poll shows.

In a survey of 500 Democrats and Democrat-leaning Independents, pollster Frank Luntz pitted Clinton against Kerry in a head-to-head match-up. Forty-seven percent said they'd dump Kerry if the former first lady would agree to be their standard-bearer. Only 44 percent said they'd stand by their man.

2. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

This isn't destined long for "Current Event's." Do you have a link to your information?

Kerry is only there by default, the Doctor from Vermont fell from grace. It appears that they are now stuck with number two. :(

3. King Cobra macrumors 603

Agreed. This is political and should not be put in the Current Events section. Any new threads related to politics belong in the Political [warzone] Forums. That's not a bus ride I want to be on... :mad: so with that, I'm jumping off.

4. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    Dr Dean lost his nerve and melted down. Clark ran to steal votes from Kucinich at the request of Hillary in order to hand Kerry over to Bush to have his rear end handed to him.

This takes out a major power player in the senate and leaves things open for Hillary in '08

Kerry has little personality and his greatest strength is that he isn't Bush.

The November election is more about a Bush vote of confidence than anything else.

5. Savage Henry macrumors 65816

Savage Henry

in a one horse, two house, three pub town.
    She always had her eye on '08 anyway. She'll be the first US Pres to be sworn in with a Hannibal's favourite quote from The A-Team. ;)

6. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

Conspiracy theories abound! The almighty Clintons must be behind some god awful scheme because they are the embodiment of evil! Get real guys. ;)

7. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

The warzone forum? What is that supposed to mean?

8. mcfudd thread starter macrumors member

election year

Since this is an election year, and the headlines abound with talk of the November 2004 election, I figured "current events."

But, the politics section would be a good place for this too. Thanks for the suggestion.

How about this instead????

Kerry/McCain vs. Bush/Cheney

9. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

This proposition has been advanced/discussed seemingly endlessly both w/in these forums and w/in the media. In my understanding, although McCain intitially seemed open to the idea, he has categorically said no to the possibility, although I can only guess at his reasoning. It is a very potent combination, however, and perhaps consequently, pundits seem to be unwilling to give it up as a possibility. At this point, though, it appears to be only an exercise in academics. I personally would welcome the combination FWIW...

As far as Hillary goes, as has been said many times (also in this thread), I think that she is concentrating on '08. In the current election, I believe Rove and Co. would eat her alive for her liberalism and her attachment to the Legacy (ahem) of her husbands' administration. If Kerry wins this November, however, he will presumably be the Democratic nominee again in 2008 (assuming he does fairly well), and if he does poorly (or the country does), then I feel that the 2008 election will go back to the republicans...under these circumstances, Hillary may have to wait till 2012. If Bush wins re-election, 2008 is a real possibility for her, but I prefer not to even think of that possibility, as four more years of Bush make me shake uncontrollably...

10. mcfudd thread starter macrumors member

DOA

Yes, both issues have been discussed endlessly. Looks like it is DOA here.

I guess it is back to arguing about whether or not I will be getting a new G5 iMac after WWDC. Yawn!!!!

11. yamabushi macrumors 65816

yamabushi

I don't think I would ever vote for Senator Clinton even though I agree with many of her political views. The presidency has been held by members of just two families for the last sixteen years. I think it is time for a change in leadership.

12. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

I would consider voting for Hillary, as I would find it amusing to have Bill as "First Gentleman" or whatever...lounging in the whitehouse, with interns...playing second-fiddle to his wife, the dynamics of the first woman presidents' husband being a recent former president...very interesting...

13. numediaman macrumors 6502a

Coincidentally . . . .

Attached Files: