Denali Borough School District (Alaska) to provide a 12" Po...

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Sep 9, 2003.

1. macrumors bot

2. macrumors 65816

12 inch pb's?? i want to go back to school!

that would have rocked - being in high school with a 50 dollar a year 12 inch powerbook! of course, they didn't exactally have the 12 when I was in high school, but you get the point...

matt

3. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

That's quite cool - even though its only 129 machines its still going to be good for the kids. I'm a bit jealous myself....;)

I'll be interested in seeing what happens next year at the same school...

D

4. macrumors 6502

So kids in states such as alaska and maine get new powerbooks, but just cause i go to school in calif, ( the worst state for schools) we dont get any cause theres no money?? sux

5. macrumors 68040

mactastic

You mean the kids don't get an admin account? Really? That's a pretty good clamp right there.

I wonder if the teachers get one too. My wife is teaching in Ca here and is struggling to get the machine running Windows 98 out of her room and a shiny new eMac brought in. Regardless, we're buying her a 12"PB of her own some day... if Apple ever gets aroung to the "imminent" PB update.

6. macrumors 6502a

Jerry Spoon

Vote for Arnold!!!:D

7. macrumors 68040

mactastic

I hadn't heard he had made any specific promises relating to schools yet except to not cut their funding. I doubt even Arnold could bring PBs to California students. Unless of course, he want's to dip in to his personal fortune.

8. macrumors 68000

MacFan25

Lucky kids! I wish my high school would give me a laptop! :D

I wonder if one day all students will have laptops in high school. That would be pretty cool.

9. macrumors 68040

mactastic

At one point someone wondered whether some day all students would have calculators in school. Now they all do!:D