denied at apple store

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by ironMonkey, Aug 27, 2005.

1. ironMonkey macrumors member

Well i walked into the store in Salem, NH to buy an iBook + iPod combo and pulled the trigger on the sale. Unfortunately the guy in the green shirt came back and said they ran out of 12" iBooks. Damn. Looks like another week before the switch. According to the apple website it's the only Apple store in the entire state. Come on apple, keep the store stocked for crying out loud.

2. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

You could always order it over the interweb?

FREE shipping = bueno.

By the time it gets to you, the Apple store will be restocked, so you can play the waiting-after-an-order game (Where'smyiBook?Where'smyiBook?WHERE'SMYSTINKINGIBOOK!?!?!) or the waiting-for-restocking game (calling every 10 minutes, asking if they've gotten more.)

Either way... good choice on iBookage! :)

3. berkleeboy210 macrumors 68000

I would say come down to Cambrigeside, But then you'd have to shell out more cash for Tax. :p

4. Jay42 macrumors 65816

Jay42

Yeah, too bad you missed the tax-free day (although I guess that's everyday for you).

5. paleck macrumors 6502a

paleck

Heh..At least you have a store in the state. Though rumor has it that their will be an Apple Store in Utah soon, they currently have job openings listed for an Apple Store in The Gateway. :D

6. Zman5225 macrumors 6502a

Gah, I just moved from there and NOW they have plans to do one. It's the one store i've wanted in Salt Lake forever!

7. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I'm very sorry to hear that. For the tax free, that should ease the wait. :(

8. ironMonkey thread starter macrumors member

i wish i had realized it was 'hit or miss' when going to an apple store. i drove 84 miles to New Hampshire from Northampton, MA for the sole purpose of saving some sales tax on the roughly $1500 worth of computer+ accessories. Oh well, live and learn.

9. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

The title of this thread is very deceptive. Denied makes it sound like they didn't let you buy for some reason, while they would if they had them in-stock. I guess I was just excepting a different reason when I first saw this thread.

10. berkleeboy210 macrumors 68000

I was thinking the same thing.

11. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

As was I.

Anyhow, ironMonkey I hope that you are able to get your iBook G4 soon- it will be worth the wait!

12. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

If you've been to The Gateway recently, you've probably noticed the construction down by the Olympic Fountain. That's where the Apple Store is going to be. I'm excited for it to open, but I worry about what it will do to the resellers in town.