Dent on the bottom left corner - replacement part?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by aureus, Nov 30, 2008.

1. macrumors newbie

Hi,

Some weeks ago I dropped my MacBook Air (well, actually I couldn’t do anything, my bag was broken so it dropped) and got quite a noticeable dent in the bottom left corner on the screen (outside, you can see the dent while closed). I tried to live with it but with such an expensive machine I can barely do that. :p

So I tried to find a replacement part, the display housing. But - I can’t. I can find replacement LCD displays, replacement housings für MacBooks, for MacBook Pros - but NOTHING like that for the Air. Seems like this is Murphy’s law, eh? This really sucks.

If anyone of you has an idea where to get this housing - please let me know. I’d buy without hesitation.

Thanks, I really hope somebody has a clue.

2. Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Insanely expensive as it comes with the LCD too, but here you go.

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Ouch - well if that’s the only possibility I’ll just live with it I suppose. Compared to the $99 you have to pay for a MBP back lid.. :(

4. macrumors newbie

dent fix

I dropped mine too, bent the right base corner of the screen so it scraped whenever you closed it. annoying. got pliers and bent it back. no problem.

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I tried that carefully but I still scratched the top case a little so I didn’t continue.. I may reconsider that one more time but I don’t want to make it worse either. Any tips? :D

6. Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

Put some fabric in between the pliers and the metal of the Air to avoid scratching and work slowly and gently.

7. macrumors 6502a

Ironic