Denver, CO - Aspen Grove

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by OUTofPRINT, Jun 16, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

Anybody gonna be going to the Aspen Grove store in Denver?

2. macrumors newbie

I'll be there. Probably around 6ish.

3. macrumors 601

That's where I go every year. I'll be there at 4AM again this year. It's actually Littleton.

4. macrumors newbie

Aspen Grove

Hey Hex, you said you've been there is past years? I just moved here, how long were the lines in previous years? Is 4 a good time to get there to be in front?

5. macrumors 601

I was there at 4AM last year and there were only about 10 people waiting. I got in the line at about 5AM and there were the same 10 people.

This year is going to be allot different because it seems allot more people want this phone.

I pre-ordered last year and this year. Last year, they had two lines, one for pre-orders and one for those who didn't. The pre-order line got to go in the store before those who didn't so in the pre-order line, I was actually third in line.

I'm still going to show up at 4AM this year, I just don't see a point of getting there any earlier with a pre-order.

6. macrumors newbie

Well, unfortunately I couldn't get through to get a pre-order, so I guess I'll be there bright and early to make sure I'm in the front...I have to take the bus and light rail and am coming from Denver, so I have to leave at 1 to get there by 4..haha. I guess I'll bring a pot of coffee with me haha.

Did you notice when they started letting the non pre-order line get into the store last year?

7. macrumors 601

I didn't notice because the store opened at 7AM and I was out of there at 7.10.

8. macrumors newbie

What time are other people thinking of showing up?

9. macrumors newbie

I have a preorder, Ill probably be there around 6-6:30. I'd rather get the extra sleep and wait a little longer than get there earlier.

10. macrumors newbie

The smart way to do it! haha. Unfortunately, I didn't get a pre-order in and I upgraded my 3G to the iOS4 today and boy is it sluggish, so I NEED an I4, so I will be there bright and early to make sure :)

11. macrumors 65816

djinn

Me and a couple of friends missed the pre-order also. We're still all trying to decide when to head to the store.

I'm curious how many phones will be available to walk-ins.

12. macrumors regular

I think I'll show up about 5am for my reservation

13. macrumors regular

Well, I'm going to be camping out, getting there about 10pm Wednesday night. Would like to be first 5 and this year looks like it's a bit more of a "want" for a lot of people. If you feel like camping out, let me know. Sleeping bag, therm-a-rest , and a little safety ;) I'll be in the Giants hat. See you in the a.m.

14. macrumors regular

damn you're making me wonder if I should get there earlier!

15. macrumors P6

dukebound85

im debating where to go.......i was thinking flatirons

16. macrumors 601

Flatirons is a mall though so they won't allow people inside until 6AM, same with Cherry Creek. Boulder would probably be the best bet if you want to make sure you have a good place in line early.

I'm not sure if they allow a line outside a mall before 6AM.

17. macrumors regular

Godzirra!

flatirons will let you in. i was there for the ipad launch, people were there all night waiting for it. I didnt show up until like 7:30 for my reservation and there were alot of people waiting in line at that point for the non reserve. I will probably show up there at something like 4 am. i dont know if the demand is really as huge as it is or if it was a bunch of idiots pre-ordering more than one at more than one place to make sure they get one.

18. thread starter macrumors newbie

What time are you guys showing up? I don't have a reservation, and I'm not sure when to go.

19. macrumors regular

Well in sacramento, for the 3gs launch, i showed at 4am to an ATT store and was the 6oth person in line. This is my first launch in CO.

20. macrumors regular

iPad launch I got to Aspen grove around 6am and was about 10th in line in the pre order line I dunno this iPhone seems to be a whole nother animal

21. macrumors regular

Godzirra!

im goin around 4 am. shouldnt be too long of a line then. There is plenty of apple stores people will be spreading across, and alot of the reservations i think were people putting in multiple everywhere to guarantee they have one. Shouldnt be more than 10-40 in line at that point, but maybe im way off.

22. macrumors newbie

How Bad are the lines?

Trying to figure out where to go. What are the lines like there?

23. macrumors 65816

djinn

About 16 people

24. macrumors regular

Djinn you passed by already and there was 16 people?

25. macrumors 65816

djinn

I'm number 10 right now. There about 30 people here.