Denver, CO

Discussion in 'iPhone Purchaser Meetups' started by Sherb, Jun 15, 2008.

1. macrumors member

Anyone planing on hitting up one of Colorado's 5 stores? I'll probably go to Aspen Grove store or the store in Boulder.

Colorado stores:
    • Boulder, Twenty Ninth Street
    • Broomfield, Flatiron Crossing
    • Denver, Cherry Creek
    • Littleton, Aspen Grove
    • Lone Tree, Park Meadows

2. macrumors newbie

cherry creek

Yeah I am totally down for Cherry Creek, where I fully expect to be surrounded by anxious yuppies. Hopefully some hard core MacRumors people will be there, too.

:)

3. thread starter macrumors member

I wish you luck. I'm personally staying clear from stores within a mall :D

4. macrumors newbie

The twenty-ninth street store in Boulder for me! :D

5. macrumors 65816

lazyrighteye

Depending on what time the device goes on sale, Aspen Grove is closest to work. Otherwise, I'm probably looking at a super crowded Cherry Creek Mall store - whose crowds may force me to hit the closer-to-home AT&T store in the 16th St. Mall (tho, I'd rather my $ count towards Apple retail stores' figures).

As a current iPhone user, I am hoping the rumored SIM card switch out at home is true. Also hoping the back of the new device is more scratch resistant than it looks. I just can't imagine Apple giving us another super scratch-prone device. But I suppose anything is possible.
    We'll know a lot more in 2 weeks!

6. macrumors newbie

i live closer to the 16th st mall AT&T store as well, but i think that would be way lamer than an apple store.

re: within malls. agreed that this is unfortunate for a variety of reasons. but still, i think it will be a good time. i don't care about crowds at all. as long as i get mine on July 11, i say the more the merrier.

7. macrumors newbie

iPhone - Historical record at Cherry Creek

Anyone know what the buying experience was like for the first iPhone in Cherry Creek? Huge lines? Just lots of gawkers? How early do you have to get there to be within the first 50 people (or does the question overstate the likely demand at CC?)?

8. macrumors 6502

Aspen Grove. I live close and work close. I hope to hit it up on the way home from work.

9. macrumors 601

I despise that store. It's not a bad store at all, it's just it's surroundings and the parking situation. Try finding a space up close like when you are buying a new computer such as a Mac Pro. Having to park a block away and carry this huge heavy machine in a box is not fun. I will never shop at that store again nor any Apple store in a mall such as Cherry Creek or Flat Irons. I will drive the 30 minutes to get to Aspen Grove, the most convenient Apple store we have in the front range.

10. thread starter macrumors member

The first iPhone launch had people lined up all away around the wall (almost hitting the back street), but they had enough iPhones for everyone. I believe people were camping out for a while. It shouldn't be too bad this time. There were like ~500 (ran out of free shirts) or more lined up in boulder for the Leopard release and that line formed in an hour.

Photos from aspen grove iPhone launch

11. macrumors 6502a

hahaha...now there's an oxymoron. :rolleyes:
    I'll be at the 29th st mall, even though I'll be jet-lagged as hell from flying back from Singapore the day before. :eek: What time do you think we should start lining up?

12. thread starter macrumors member

Depends on when they start selling it (prob 6), I'm not going to start lining up until I see a few people there. I have all day to kill. May just chill in the car, using Apple's wifi, until ~10 are in line (or more).

13. macrumors newbie

14. macrumors newbie

I thought the 3g was only going to first be sold in AT&T stores?

15. macrumors newbie

Yeah, the parking situation isn't the best around there. The only things I've bought from there are my original iphone and a few software titles, so no lugging many pounds of Mac to a garage spot a mile away! I'll be in the area that Friday anyway, though, so I'll probably just walk right on up and leave the car in a more sane parking area.

16. thread starter macrumors member

Nope, unless you know something we don't. :D

17. macrumors newbie

Flatirons AT&T store

I'll be at Flatirons AT&T store, don't know how early yet. Anyone for 6am?:)

18. macrumors regular

I live right next to Flatirons.. I'll be hitting up the Apple Store at the mall there.. 6am just may be in the cards. Not sure what kind of line to expect.

19. macrumors member

I'm shooting for one of the Lakewood AT&T stores, I'm hoping there isn't much of a line.

20. macrumors newbie

Yea I'll be hitting the Aspen Grove store. Not sure how many other fanatics will be there, but I'll probably get there around 6:15 so I can get to work at a decent time.

My fiance complains that I won't get up for ANYTHING else.

21. macrumors regular

Probably going to the AT&T store right here by Flatirons, basically due to the fact that the Apple store couldn't tell me where the line was going to be and they were basically very short and full of ZERO info.

22. macrumors 6502

I'll be at Aspen Grove a little after 2:30pm I hope they have a 16gb in White when I get there

23. macrumors newbie

Have to go to Apple store...

Now I see that Apple does not have a limit of 1 phone per person, am buying family plan with two phones so going to Flat Irons Apple store 6a.m. when the mall doors open.:D

24. macrumors 6502a

Anyone going to the AT&T store at 29th St tomorrow? I figure it'll be a little less chaotic there.

25. macrumors newbie

I am going to be at the 29th street store. I will probably get there around 6:30 - 7 AM. I am hoping that there are basically no lines as I have to be out of there by 8:30. If there is no line, or a really short line, I might drop by the AT&T store a few stores away.