Department of Defense Warning in Login window

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by troblong50, Feb 24, 2005.

1. troblong50 macrumors newbie

Feb 24, 2005
    I found this weird thing while going through the Core Services folder. The file I am talking about is located in System> Library> Core Services> Security Agent Plugins> SCLoginPlugin.bundle> Contents> Resources> English.lproj

The file is called login.nib. If you have interface builder and you open it up, it contains the login window, plus another window which I have never seen before. The title of this window is "Notice" and all it contains is an image(which is not displayed but titled "bang"), an "OK" button, and a text area. The text area contains a Department of Defense warning including this and more:
    I searched for this warning in Google and it is an actual Department of Defense warning.

I'm not sure what this window is or why this warning is in there.

Also the contents folder of SCLoginPlugins.bundle contains army, marine, and navy seals and all sorts of other logos, including sample identification icons. It also contains DoDAnchors-Deployment file. DoD stands for Department of Defense. I have never seen these before. What are they doing in there?

What do you guys think? :confused:
  2. JeDiBoYTJ macrumors 6502a

Jun 22, 2004
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    maybe Apple included that for computers they ship to the DoD (which I heard use some Apple Computers). Apple probably activate it themselves before they ship it to them.
  3. brap macrumors 68000

May 10, 2004

I wonder how many other 5MB folders are completely and utterly useless?
  4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    But you never know when a good DoD warning might come in handy! Just think of all the uses...

1. Next school/uni/work project's title page,
    2. OK, I'm out. Any other ideas?
  5. yellow Moderator emeritus

Oct 21, 2003
    Portland, OR
    Personally I just edit /Library/Preferences/ to create a login window warning..
  6. LimitedEdition macrumors member

Jan 14, 2005
    Yes I have seen those logos too.

I think they're cool... make me feel like a spy :)