Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sideonecincy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 29, 2003
I know this isn't Apple networking related, but I am trying to do a MTD 2008 Lite Touch deployment of Vista onto a small network. I am able to get the vista image to boot onto a test machine and the applications I want will install, with user interaction. The problem is, I need them to install silently and I can't figure out how to do it. Anyone have experience with silent installs?

Also, I am new to scripting, and am looking for a VBScript book for beginners designed towards networking people. I looked on Amazon, Barnes and Nobles and Borders with no luck. If anyone happens to know of a decent book, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

hiddenpremise

macrumors regular
I don't have to much experience on the windows side of deployment, but I bet powershell might help you. You can do a decent amount of scripting through powershell, maybe not as much as in bash, but it is supposed to be decent. There might be a msi command line utility that you can script to install all msi compliant installers silently

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.