Depressed teenagers, post here

Discussion in 'Community' started by jeff.macaddict, Jan 9, 2004.

1. macrumors regular

entertain the king, or rather second in command of depressed, currently girlfriendless, teens.

Describe yourself, and your daily happenings/activities.

It is 2:00 AM here. I have insomnia. He he, heheheheehe haahahahahahahaahahahahah!!!!!

2. macrumors 68000

Re: Depressed teenagers, post here

I'm a teenager, but I'm not depressed.

If you are, jeff.macaddict, try going to bed, no matter how appetizing your computer looks right now. I've found that sleep is key to relieving depression.

Sleep=fresh feeling=fresh outlook=fresh appearance=clear mind=Happiness. If that makes any sense.

Speaking of which, I am going to bed.
    :)

3. macrumors 68020

Phil Of Mac

"Depressed teenagers, post here"!? Jesus christ, I thought that was what Blogger was for.

4. thread starter macrumors regular

It is 2:00 AM now, and for the past 4 1/2 hours I was lying in bed, staring at the ceiling, so I turned on my trusty friend, er Mac, and started folding@home, and then went to MacRumors.

This thread got over ten views in 6 min with about 345 users online. I feel special.

Keep replying, people! :(

5. thread starter macrumors regular

I don't like blogger. It isn't user friendly. My mac, on the other hand, in combination with MacRumors powered by vBullitin.......

Besides, people can't reply to blogs, right?

6. macrumors 68000

I thought they could. Huh, maybe I'm behind the times.

7. macrumors 68020

Phil Of Mac

It's a bird! It's a plane! It's the point, flying right over your head!

8. macrumors 68000

I thought he made his point, as in it's not over his head.

Remember, he is depressed.

9. macrumors 68020

Phil Of Mac

Well, I've gone through the depression blender plenty of times. But I'm just trying to be funny.

10. macrumors 68000

MoparShaha

11. thread starter macrumors regular

I was going to reply with a "ha ha" because it was funny, but didn't want to waste a post on nothing. Oops.

12. macrumors 65816

kettle

that's the badger!:)

13. macrumors 68000

latergator116

Re: Re: Depressed teenagers, post here

Not when you have to go to school thenext morening.:(
    But yes, sleeping temporarily releive stress/depression.

14. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Re: Re: Re: Depressed teenagers, post here

actually, being tired is a symptom of depression - its an escape of your problems by sleeping.

there are a number of ways you can fight depression - and one of them is knowing that no matter how bad you think you have it, someone has it worse. try not to dwell on what's got you down and do things that make you happy.

D

15. macrumors member

Re: Re: Depressed teenagers, post here

I'm not a teenager and I am not depressed, but this is the best advice a young person can get.

16. macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

i'm not a teenager but i deal with clinical depression, and have, since i was young... right now i'm depressed *because* i'm not a teenager anymore... 21 years old, good age for a quarter-life-crisis. Anyhoo, my advice is simple: antidepressants, and lots of 'em. if i didn't have my wellbutrin, my world would collapse in a fiery ball of rage and self hatred. which is never good. if you don't have access to prescriptions, street drugs can work wonders at self-medicating. just be careful... but if it weren't for the saving numbness of street drugs, i doubt i would have survived adolescence.

paul

17. macrumors 68000

Good Lord.....oops, wait, don't let this turn into a discussion of God, or God knows what will happen. :rolleyes:

I really, really hope you are joking paulwhannel.

18. macrumors member

My friend's away message on AIM the other day:

"If I see one more depressed goth girl on amihotornot.com, I'm going to kill myself!"

19. macrumors 68000

Spock

20. macrumors 603

The ONLY reason (if even then) I see with drugs comes from taking them strictly as prescribed. Otherwise you end up abusing the "drug" and effectively wearing away brain cells, as well as physical and emotional awareness. (That happens even with a prescription, and that's why I see no reason for anti-depressants or the like.)

So you're saying that one's indulgement into physically and mentally altering and unnatural chemicals found outside of pharmaceutical centers benefits the individual by working "wonders" for emotional stability? Yet there are means, other than drug abuse, of recentering this balance between stability and keeping your brain cells. In particular, depending on the type of adolescence one has, one can focus less on the bothersome circumstances around him/her (bothersome for reminding the individual of something negative or discomforting). Drugs, however, are brain killers; effectively, they are suicide over a long period of time. (For those that do drugs, do you want to kill yourself? If so, then why are you waiting years for drugs to increase your risk of illness by a significant magnitude? If not, what reason do you have for being on them?)

As for the teenage depression thread itself:
    Here is a forum for both help and for casual conversation. (In the midst of the forums, you will notice that some of the casual bantering is mine own.)

21. macrumors 68000

latergator116

Re: Re: Re: Re: Depressed teenagers, post here

Sometimes I get this weird sort of depression where you are happy one second and then you see something or think of something (often very petty) that ruins you whole day. It can be sometimes be hard to do something that makes you happy because you don't really know what you want.

22. macrumors 65816

rueyeet

If your depression is in any part based on the "girlfriendless" state of affairs, you might benefit by trying to pin less of your emotional health on having a girlfriend, as well as making an attempt to figure out why you might be doing that. No other person should hold the entire key to your happiness--and what a heck of a responsibility to put on someone else!

What got me through youth and adolescence was simply the unshakable belief that things, eventually, must get better. This has yet to be disproven (even if sometimes, they must first get worse). ;)

23. macrumors 604

scem0

Im not depressed, but I figured I'd post anyways.

First off, I have insomnia too. Well, it's been getting worse. I used to not be able to get to bed till 1:00 every night, but I was usually up till 1:30 or so, but now I'm up till at least 2:00. The weird thing is that I don't make up the sleep until the weekends, and I'm not really tired at school. Well, I guess it does kind of hit me 6th and 7th period, but I sleep those two periods (math and chemistry, arguably my 2 easiest classes) anyways.

[edit]This week has been especially bad. Mon night - 4:00, Tues Night - 3:00, Wed night - 2:30, Thurs. night - 1:30[/edit]

I've never really been depressed in my life, to tell the truth. I'm generally a pretty happy guy. I have been kind of blah lately though. And by blah, I mean I haven't been extremely happy, but certainly not sad or depressed. Its probably because I'm feeling anxiety over where I am going to end up in life.

I love computers, yet I don't know what career path to take with them. Tech careers aren't near as good as they were 5-10 years ago too, which kind of sucks. I also love kung fu, acrobatics, and the like, which makes me very interested in being a stunt person. Like a stunt double for movies. I want to start getting very serious about my training in wushu and kung fu.

I am also feeling like a very boring person as of late. I find myself telling myself that I have nothing to live for. Not like I want to commit suicide or anything. But I have nothing to devote time and energy into. I don't really want to get a job, because... well... to be frank, work sucks, especially with the rates a 16 year old gets. My whole life I've had something which I've poured my energy and time into. 4 years ago it was diving. 2 years ago it was Starcraft. 7 years ago it was Mortal Kombat. I still play starcaft, but I'm not very interested in it anymore.

So, I'm anxious to find something that interests me deeply so I can devote myself to it, and maybe think about it as a career path.

But overall I'm happy :).

scem0

24. macrumors 68000

latergator116

hehe... yeah, thats what I like to think sometimes. It actually helps a lot.

25. macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

[rant]

a few thoughts...

1. cheer the #$% up! think of the losers using peecees... at LEAST be happy that you have a mac for crying out loud...

2. girlfriendless= more money for your new g5 with the 90nm chip that apple is going to release soon... or for me, more money for my bike...

3. with all of the stuff on the news about the earthquake in iran, people-eating mountain lions, ruthless dictators, famine, etc... do any of us here in this country REALLY have all that much to b%^ch about? i mean... aside from the mountain lion people...

4. go look at the sunset tonight or the stars... or if its raining, listen to the rain and be amazed at how really wonderful this place is and how there is too much beautiful stuff to enjoy than to waste time being unhappy

[/rant]

:D