Desert Combat Fixed: BF1942 Patch coming

Discussion in 'Games' started by Santaduck, Jul 19, 2005.

1. Santaduck macrumors 6502a

Santaduck

Aspyr has decided to fix Battlefield 1942's mod support, after a long period of saying mod support was not going to be offered.

Read more here at Macologist.

Glenda asked Macologist to help her engineers nail down the exact behavior of the bugs, so thank-yous go out to our staffers Rogue & Adam.

The patch will be available from www.macgamefiles.com on Thursday.

Various mods including the latest Desert Combat Final, Galactic Conquest, and Forgotten Hope are available for download at Macologist's Download section.

Cheerz,
    Have fun, all ye DC fans :)

2. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

Great! It took them a long time, but it's still great to see, how much they seem to care. Aspyr is my preferred Mac publisher and ensures this more and more.

3. Santaduck thread starter macrumors 6502a

Santaduck

Apologies, our site is having some load issues, and it'll be up and down. The general press release should be out soon.

Some important issues include: "The two major additions this version of the game has are support for more mods, including the popular Desert Combat Final & Extended mods, and built-in support for Game Ranger for finding Mac-specific multiplayer games."

Also, all punkbuster issues seem to be resolved.

Version number will be 1.61.

As far as personal opinion, I'm sure it was a business decision. It doesn't make sense to spend engineer hours making a mod fix for most games, when they could spend that energy porting a new title. However I suspect they decided, one way or another, that many potential customers were not buying the product because of the lack of DC support. Whatever the reason, I'm very happy, and hope this leads to a resurgence of interest and customers for BF1942.

4. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

Great! I can't wait. I want to be able to finally try DC.

5. Church macrumors regular

Church

As one who has played both desert combat and then battlefield 2 (when I hijacked my friend's computer), battlefield 2 owns desert combat like no one's business. In conclusion, if you play desert combat, be prepared to wet your pants again when battlefield 2 finally comes out on mac. By the way, the Warthog (A-10 thunderbolt or whatever, the lightly used jet bomber that came back and owned in desert storm) is the r0xx0rz in dc <3. :D

6. Santaduck thread starter macrumors 6502a

Santaduck

Iit looks very unlikely that BF2 will make it to the Mac... actually downright near hopeless... but that's another long story and thread altogether. Maybe the intel deal will change the middleware situation, I haven't kept up with the latest.

For now anyways, DC final will make mac gamers quite happy.

________

UPDATE: site back up, so you can read the news about the BF1942 patch