Designers block

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by dunc85, Aug 16, 2006.

1. dunc85 macrumors regular

Jul 23, 2006
    Ok, so I'm less of a designer and more of a programmer...hence the fact I'm stuck for ideas on the following site:

Only the index page is done but I'd be grateful for some feedback/ideas.
  2. Dr.Chiz macrumors member

Aug 12, 2006
    well im a designer im a great graphic guy well if u hlep me make my website fo rmy movies since ur a programmer ill make ur site great with diesngs
  3. ezekielrage_99 macrumors 68040

Oct 12, 2005
    Got to love the spelling and grammar..... Dr.
  4. ezekielrage_99 macrumors 68040

Oct 12, 2005
    Loose the guy with the Che T-Shirt it screems failed arty communications media student.... I went to university with people like that and it isn't a good look.

Check out this thread

Have fun :cool:
  5. Dr.Chiz macrumors member

Aug 12, 2006
  6. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

Oct 19, 2004
    Calgary, AB

uhhh your the "great graphic guy" who started this thread right?

I swear, your about 1 post away from landing the honor of being the 2nd person on my MR ignore list.
  7. Butters macrumors 6502

Jan 7, 2006
    BURN! :p hehe

edit: I think the site's looking pretty good as it is, all it needs are some little refinements here and there, like for example compressing the navigation thingy on the right a little tighter

kind of like that but with more care, time and effort put into it :)
  8. waynesun macrumors regular

Feb 25, 2006
    i think the colors are whats up. look at your navigation bar, it's a completely different color from the rest of your design. There's hints of yellow, and other colors all across the spectrum. Make nav buttons a bit more uniform with the rest of the design, maybe a yellow bar under so that the selections would look like tabs? Contrasting is pretty good, just fix the colors and you're set.
  9. elppa macrumors 68040

Nov 26, 2003

I was suspicious when I couldn't understand a word of it.

Then I looked at the username and it all made sense.