Designing an ebay auction.

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by radiantm3, Jul 24, 2006.

1. radiantm3 macrumors 65816

radiantm3

I spent some time designing a template for my ebay auctions last night. What do you think? Would it attract you to buy from me over other sellers? Is it overkill? I've never sold on ebay so I hope having a nicely designed description will help attract bidders.

Actual Ebay Auction

Link to the template itself without the Ebay mumbo jumbo

Either way, it was fun to do. All of you Ebayers should try it sometime. :cool:

2. kaboutertje macrumors regular

kaboutertje

It looks rather good, a bit too good for my taste :). jk I would probably be more tempted to buy it if the ad looks like this.

3. cookie1105 macrumors 6502

4. pulsewidth947 macrumors 65816

pulsewidth947

I've found people are 47.2% more likely to pay more money if your auction is designed well......

... I made that up. But when I use nice design templates, people usually pay more than other auctions that haven't had templates. But that could be because I often explain a lot and give a lot of pictures.

I think having a template makes you look a great deal more professional, so buyers feel more confident about dealing with you.

That certainly is a nice template, I would think about doing my own but GarageSale has plenty so I just use that. One thing I would say is the red on black combo at the bottom (view my other auctions, etc) is difficult for me to read. Not quite enough contrast for me, but my eyesight isnt 20/20.

5. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

It is def. more likely for me (at least) to bid/buy something on eBay if it is designed well. Yours is one of the best I've seen compared to some other ones.:) Good Job.

Kevin

6. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Wow, I have never seen an auction looking that good! You almost ignore the fact that you haven't sold anything before with the auction page looking so good...:)

7. daze macrumors 6502

daze

I second that. Great looking template.

8. radiantm3 thread starter macrumors 65816

radiantm3

Thanks for the replies. My first auction went pretty well. I ended up selling my isight camera for $102. I was expecting half the new price which was around $75. :)

9. jdl8422 macrumors 6502

jdl8422

I like the design alot. I was wondering how hard it would be to make a generic template for a business or what not. One just like that, but would be easy to add photos for different products. Also what size is the template?