Desing your own GUI

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by Josh, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Josh macrumors 68000

Mar 4, 2004
    State College, PA
    With the recent threads about iTunes 7 - those who love it, hate it, and those who have come up with their own ideas, I thought about making a thread where we could create our own UI for imaginary apps and desktops.

Just create a fake desktop or application window that does not exist (and preferably one you'd actually like to use :)).

This is my fake Desktop GUI, which is running a fake OS called "Centuri."

To open applications, you click the "Launch" button and a menu appears showing all your apps. It is also accessible by hot-key, and like spotlight, you can type the name of the app you want as well.

It also has virtual desktops, and a spotlight-like feature, which is net-enabled so you can Google right from your search menu (in the top panel).

The application is some sort of database app. I really didn't feel like making all the icons and fake functionality to it, but you get the idea.

I don't like crazy effects and icons all over, so I did not create a "dock." I like apps that let you focus on their content and/or function rather than the look of the app itself.

Let's see yours!

// Edit: Please excuse the inconsistency in my app's field titles. Oops!

Attached Files:

• UI.jpg
      File size:
      163.6 KB
  2. SodaPopMonster macrumors regular

Jan 13, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Note to anyone who makes these:

Copyright everything you put in this thread; you don't want Gates putting it in Vista, do you?
  3. Josh thread starter macrumors 68000

Mar 4, 2004
    State College, PA
    LOL that's pretty funny.

Luckily images/artwork are copyrighted immediately upon their creation.
  4. tominated macrumors 68000

Jul 7, 2006
    Queensland, Australia
    I'll make one when i get ps cs2

EDIT: How bout I make it in flash?