Desk accessory site?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by beige matchbox, Mar 17, 2005.

1. beige matchbox macrumors 6502a

beige matchbox

Is there such a thing?

eg. a site that links to, or has info about all those useful gadgety type bits of software in many desktop grabs

Theres loads of great little apps on sourcefordge, but finding them is very hard :rolleyes:, same with most of the other sites, such as macupdate, and doing a google search for them mainly comes back with shareware, and commercial software, very little freeware :(

i know about resexcellence, but that doesn't seem to have much in the way of small programs, docklets(or is it docklings, cant remember) and the like

2. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Are you thinking of Konfabulator? Which is also not free.. I think you'll find the free software for the Mac to be fairly limited.

O'Yellow

3. beige matchbox thread starter macrumors 6502a

beige matchbox

No, no, i know about Konfabulator, not really interested in it (waiting for tiger),

i'll have a look for a pic with some of what i mean on :)

i had a new ticker in the dock some time ago for /., things like that, i can't find a single site for that kind of software :confused:

4. beige matchbox thread starter macrumors 6502a

beige matchbox

having said that, today when i look, its as if google has magically lost alot of the screen shots in the image search :rolleyes: lol

I'm looking for sites/lists like this - http://menu.jeweledplatypus.org/

For menubar addons, and things that sit on the desktop, like calendars etc.

it's hard to describe really, as their doesn't seem to be one name for this kind of program

5. parrothead macrumors 6502a

parrothead

There was a thread called "what cool little apps do you use" or something similar. It had a lot of neat apps that I had never heard of before. Do a search for it.

6. beige matchbox thread starter macrumors 6502a

beige matchbox

Found it, thanks for the pointer :)

and just incase anyone finds this post looking for the big thread, it can be found here