1. jsulens macrumors member

does anyone have any good ideas about a desk for a soon to be getting powerbook. i think i will end up getting either the 12'' or the 15'' as well as the new 23'' display. i kinda want something cool to match or just something that is a good place to put a laptop as well as a monitor on. if anyone has any good ideas let me know, thanks.

2. upperblue79 macrumors regular

upperblue79

Studio RTA makes some cool glass desks whick look good with macs.

3. jsulens thread starter macrumors member

thanks, i am looking at those right now...

4. Dr. Dastardly macrumors 65816

Dr. Dastardly

Is it me or is it almost impossible to find the perfect desk? I gave up on them and started looking at heavy duty dinning tables for the work space. Then add some Shelves and cart drawers if need be.

Has anyone found a real slick desk with lots of work space and functionality. And it MUST be extremely slick looking! :p

5. jsulens thread starter macrumors member

i second that!

6. Bhennies macrumors 6502

Go get a stainless steel meat-cutting table at a restaurant supply store. That'll match pretty well.

7. nyprospect macrumors 6502

I thought i found a sweet little desk all black nice and shiny with a nice little hutch.problem is the g5 is to big for it.so im stuck .anyway the juniper looks nice.

8. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

Agreed. I shopped for a few months and never found exactly what I wanted. Ended up getting a nice, pretty big table with legs of my choice at Ikea. There are matching shelves and cabinets/drawers that will fit underneath. Very happy with it.

9. Sigma B macrumors newbie

i just bought a desk and credenza from www.boltz.com

They make amazing stuff. I've bought numerous home theater products they sell. I have 2 component racks, 2 - 250 dvd racks, and several coffee tables and stands. Next on my list is the bed frame they make.

10. BakedBeans macrumors 68040

BakedBeans

you get major credenza for that desk....sorry

11. dvdh macrumors 6502

dvdh

If you want a very modular system, that pays a lot of attention to ergonomics, you might look at this:
    http://hermanmiller.com/CDA/SSA/Product/0,1592,a10-c440-p18,00.html
    Of course being HermanMiller, stuff it will come with a hefty price tag, but impressive warranty and even more impressive build quality. The design not new, but still impressive.

If budget is more of a concern, but you still want decent quality, EQ3 stuff is a nice step up from IKEA in terms of design and quality, but will not set you back all that much more in terms of cost. I think Mac hardware would look pretty good on this set up.
    http://eq3.com/cat-eq3/3040-511-1.html

edit: Ignore this part:
    (I might skip their CPU cart though in favour of one of these:

http://www.drbottkg.com/prod/G5Skateboard.html)

12. Sigma B macrumors newbie

what do you mean by that?

you don't like this? :D

[​IMG]

13. BakedBeans macrumors 68040

BakedBeans

no i think its really nice... i was trying ( maybe not very hard ) to play with word...cradenze = credit....

let me re-phrase... nice desk... expensive but nice

14. iBook macrumors regular

Have you checked out IKEA?

IKEA has clean, modern European design, reasonably good quality and good pricing. :)

www.ikea.com

15. Sigma B macrumors newbie

sorry AL,

I didn't know what you meant. I just needed a little clarification! ;)

16. furrina macrumors regular

17. Dr. Dastardly macrumors 65816

Dr. Dastardly

I'm trying to find a desk that seems.... Different. I thought different and got a Mac. Now I want to think different again and buy something different to set my Different computer on! :D

I do like a modern feel to my furniture, and the ones listed above are pretty different.

A metal meat cutting table is a little to different. But I like your thinking. ;)

Different Different Different. :p

18. OldManJimbo macrumors 6502

OldManJimbo

Go for contrast

You might want to look for something very traditional to off-set the sweetness of the Mac hardware you'll place on it. Dark cherry or walnut with a white Apple keyboard, 23" flat screen and a set of post-modern speakers would look like something from a fashion mag.

Hey - ANYTHING you put a Mac on will look sweet. Have you thought about a cardboard box?

19. Dr. Dastardly macrumors 65816

Dr. Dastardly

I use milk crates myself. They cost more but the durability is bar none superior to cardboard.

20. micvog macrumors 6502

micvog

Don't forget to take the feet off of the PowerBook, and you now have a great heatsink! :D