Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cuelife

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 23, 2003
Does anyone know a good brand of office desks for Power Mac's.., I just got a new power mac and 23" display and I am looking for a desk that will not only work space wise but also keep up with apple's commitment to design. Let me know what you guys think.

cuelife

Eniregnat

macrumors 68000
Jan 22, 2003
In your head.
The above link is very mod. Cool!

Below are some links and links to other recent threads on the subject:
My 2 cents:
Keep it simple and uncluttered. Don't get built in file drawers or a computer holder, rollaways are more functional. Stay away from "computer centers", especially if they are from discount office supply stores (like Staples). If they offer construction of the desk, pay it, it's worth the reduction in aggravation.

law guy

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2003
Western Massachusetts
Re: Desks for Power Mac

Originally posted by cuelife
Does anyone know a good brand of office desks for Power Mac's.., I just got a new power mac and 23" display and I am looking for a desk that will not only work space wise but also keep up with apple's commitment to design. Let me know what you guys think.

cuelife

The holdeverything catalog, and perhaps some holdeverything stores, have a great four leg desk that is large, open, modern and well made (maple in a natural, honey, or dark walnuty stains). I have one and it's very attrative. You can also purchase the rest of the furniture for an office in the same collection - everything from files, lateral files (which I think would be a great item to put a larger HP laser printer on), bookshelfs. I think the natural (bright/light maple look) or honey have a little more modern look that compliments the Mac - but any would do. There is no back or sides to the desk either.

Some have suggested things like sawhorses here before. I have to say yikes. I did a similar large desk in undergrad. I took two black two-drawer file cabinets and a door from a lumber place (no holes drilled). I spraypainted the door matte black with some krylon (a few cans) and laid it across the two file cabinets. the work area was huge. From a glass shop I got a rectangular piece of a black glass called "greylight 14". The glass shop can round the corners and edges and make it into a nice desk writing surface. The whole look was black, LARGE (7' by 34"), and rather inexpensive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.