Desktop Background defaulting issues.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by white pilgrim, Dec 14, 2006.

1. white pilgrim macrumors newbie

This will sound like a really small and basic problem, but no less, it is one.

I've had my MBP for almost a month now and i enjoyed the aqua blue background. Recently i tried adding a folder an pick a wallpaper from there but it just wouldn't stay, log out, reboot, shutdown. The strange thing is that it would startup, and i would see the image i had last set, and after the load processes, it would just overlay my preferred wallpaper with the default.

I searched various forums and googled hard for some answers but the search only turned up others with the same problem but no solution.

Anyone have ideas?
    Cheers and thanks!

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Where is the picture being kept? If it's in a stable folder that's not having its name changed or being moved about randomly (like some temporary folders) then it should be fine. Maybe chuck it in the Pictures folder and see how things go, if you haven't already. :)

If that doesn't work, then find a file named com.apple.desktop.plist in your Preferences folder and drag it to the Desktop before rebooting. Re-select your image for the background and see how things go. :)