Desktop Background Folders Disappearing

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Higgie, Jun 28, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

Anyone else having this trouble?

I go into System Preferences>Desktop & Screensaver. I have a folder in my Pictures directory called Wallpapers, with lots of sub-folders depending on the genre (one for TV/Film, Video Games, Landscapes etc.) and so I click the plus sign to add the folders for me to choose my background from. I choose my background and close the Desktop Preferences.

So now I want to change my Desktop background again. I open it back up, and all the folders have disappeared again (save for the folder in which my current Desktop background resides).

Anyone else having this problem, and/or know a way to solve it?

Running a brand new Mid 2012 MBP 13" and Lion.

Attached Files:

2. thread starter macrumors newbie

These pictures are taken about 30 seconds apart. Literally my method is:

Open preferences
    Add folders
    Choose desktop background
    Close preferences
    Open preferences

And they've all disappeared. This was never a problem for me on my iMac running Snow Leopard! I've tried rebooting, removing com.apple.systempreferences.plist, but still to no avail. No one else having this problem?

----------

Ok a little more info I just discovered in case it helps.

If I'm in Desktop preferences and I add all my folders, when I click the back button to get back to the System Preferences panel, and then go back into Desktop preferences, they are all still there. The problem only seems to arise once I have closed the Preferences app, and then open it again.

3. macrumors member

I'd like to know if there's a fix for this too.

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

Still not found a fix for this. Any one found a way to solve it?

5. macrumors regular

hauntvictim

Odd

Yes I am having a similar bug too. Glad this isnt just me!

6. macrumors newbie

I never had this problem while using Lion, but I'm having it with Mountain Lion after changing my hard drive (I took it to the genius bar to change it). It's a really annoying bug and I don't know bow to fix it. Any help would be appreciated

7. Co-T, Aug 30, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2012

macrumors newbie

8. macrumors newbie

From what I've read over at Apple Support forums this is a Mountain Lion bug, it wasn't solved by the 10.8.1 update, I hope it is fixed on the next update. Do any of you know of a way, apart from the forums, of letting Apple know of this bug so they can address it at an upcoming update?