Desktop backround?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by CaptainCaveMann, Dec 13, 2004.

1. CaptainCaveMann macrumors 68000

Oct 5, 2004
    How do you put a desktop backround up without it stretching?
  2. advres Guest

Oct 3, 2003
    Go to your system prefs > desktop & screen saver control.

Under desktop, pick the image you want to display and in the little drop down right above there should be fill screen, stretch to fit, center, and tile. Click center and you are done. Now your image will be the original size and be sitting nicely in the center.

You can also get here by right-clicking/control-clicking your desktop and choose "change desktop background"

Hope that helps
  3. CaptainCaveMann thread starter macrumors 68000

Oct 5, 2004
    I want to fill the whole screen with the pic and have it look the same. Theres a forum on here that shows people dekstop backrounds and all of their backrounds are perfect, the resolution is all normal and the pic looks good and fills the whole screen and i cant figure out how to do that on my computer by saving a pic from the internet
  4. iLikeMyiMac macrumors 6502a

Jul 17, 2004
    St. Louis
    You need to find a larger resolution picture. There are several threads on where to get them.
    Hint: The one in your sig isn't big enough. ;)
  5. Applespider macrumors G4

Jan 20, 2004
    looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    OK...I have the opposite problem

I was sorting out some iPhotos to send to the office to use as desktops there since someone has changed it to a soon to be inappropriate Christmas one. Since I'd gone to the effort of getting them all sorted out - I'd like to use them at home too.

But the portrait ones are too large for the screen and I can't figure out how to get OS X to scale them to fit heightwise - I don't mind if they are tiled or show a solid colour round the edges... any ideas? Or do I have to convert them all to the appropriate size and re-import them to iPhoto so I can get them to randomly change each day?
  6. Mertzen macrumors 6502

Sep 25, 2004
    Sites like and offer dekstops in almost all available screen resolution ..