Desktop Computer, Sunday only @ CompUSA - $199

Discussion in 'Community' started by genius9, Aug 29, 2004.

1. genius9 macrumors newbie

I just wanted to share with you guys this great deal I saw today. Intel or AMD processor with RAM, Hard Drive, 52X32X52 CD-RW Drive, Windows XP Home Edition...

More Details

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Your first post was, perhaps unfairly, driven into the Land of Waste. This one probably doesn't need to follow, but why do you bother posting it here? Do you really think anyone here would want any of that stuff? Don't get me wrong, lots of people might enjoy it, but we tend to go to dealmac.com.

3. Hoef macrumors 6502a

Hoef

Hey JSW .... I don't see the problem ....

4. musicpyrite macrumors 68000

musicpyrite

Even though I really don't care, I have to say that is a VERY good deal.
    What does XP run these days? $100?
    CD-RW ~$30
    128 RAM ~$25
    40 gig HD ~$45

That's like $200 right there. Ain't a bad deal for the cheapest computer possible. (though it's deffinatly made of POS parts)

5. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

It seemed like the issue last time was that he linked to a forum where the first post was about free ipods, links to which are not welcomed here. I don't know if that was the intention or not, but I bet this wil lbe fine as long as its his last link to the other site ...

6. Roger1 macrumors 65816

Roger1

Last time I looked, XP home UPDATE was $99. Full install was something like 149-199, depending on where you looked.

7. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Whatever. Point being...this is a good deal. Actually, its a great deal if you don't have a lot of money, or need a PC to muck around with. Hell, better than buying VPC. ;)

8. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

I am going to hold out until the 3.1 Ghz P4's systems are available at that price including XP Pro. I agree that it's a better deal than Virtual PC. Upgrade it with a wireless card, don't add a monitor and then store the PC in the closet or under the bed and remotely access it with your Mac using the free Microsoft Remote Desktop client. Too bad the Home version doesn't work with Remote Desktop.

9. rhpenguin macrumors 6502a

rhpenguin

VNC my friend.. VNC....