Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sunfast

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 14, 2005
Probably a daft question but it's an area I know NOTHING about!

My girlfriend is doing her work annual report and using MS Publisher (eek!) for it. She thought, because I have a Mac, I'd have some awesome creative app that would be better. All I have is Photoshop Elements 4 (have office:mac but not iWork). Or is PowerPoint a possibility?

Sorry for being such a n00b on this one. :eek:

rjphoto

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2005
iWorks would most likely be your best bet on a budget.

There may be some open source stuff that would be cheaper/free, but I don't have a clue.

As for doing it right, she/you need to get Adobe's Indesign. It is the main professional page layout program on the market. Quark is also making a comeback.

Both are rather steep in price and learning curve.

For what she paid for it, Publisher isn't too bad, (cough, cough). It will get the job done if she knows what she is doing.

tobefirst ⚽️

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
Powerpoint is definitely NOT a possibility. :) You may have a trial of iWork on your computer, since it's a new one. Pages would be the program to use there, if you have the 30 day trial still. If not, you really don't have anything on your computer now that would be of any benefit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.