Desktop wallpapers for my widescreen iMac G5??

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Littleodie914, Nov 26, 2004.

1. macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

Hey guys, we just ordered our 17" iMac G5 for Christmas, and I'm looking for some cool wallpapers to put on it. The screen res, being a widescreen monitor, is 1440x900. Does anyone know where I can find wallpapers of this size? I've checked caedes.net, macdesktops.net, macdesktops.com, and a few other sites, but can't find anything. Where should I look for some? And for those of you you have one of the new iMacs (I know someone must...), how do you get your desktops?? Thanks! ;)

2. Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I don't know what you like, but try googling "1440x900 wallpaper"...there aren't a lot of sites that specifically do that size, but there are pics here and there.... Good luck! :)

Google, gotta love it....

3. macrumors 6502a

JeDiBoYTJ

yeah, its really hard to find "Widescreen" wallpaper. best thing to do is to download the highest res wallpaper. I go to www.deviantart.com, and download the highest (or secondhighest) quality wallpaper, then depending on the image, I could either stretch it to fill, or just have it crop off the top and bottom.

4. macrumors regular

Will Curran

5. macrumors newbie

widescreen wallpapers

Gee - a G5 for christmas. Lucky you.

I use a mac G4 powerbook 17" and have got a lot of 1440 x 900 widescreen wallpaper from flashfast.com. I've even tried some of the 800 by 600 (big wave wallpaper) on page 1 (page 2 has new additions for widescreen) and it looks great - if there is high quality sometimes it will look okay on the desktop..

They have an RSS feed for updates or new wallpapers.

6. macrumors regular

Jonx

7. macrumors 65816

Elan0204

That's the site I was going to recommend. They have a lot of excellent backgrounds at native mac resolutions.

8. macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

Deviant Art has all sorts of stuff. This one (NSFW) looks nice on a 20" screen.

9. thread starter macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

Woah :eek:

Gotta warn us about that man... Lol I clicked it sitting next to my mom on the couch! :eek:

10. macrumors 6502a

goodtimes5

NSFW
    Not safe for work

11. macrumors 601

cb911

but that one's only a 800x600 - how would it look good on a 20" screen? or is there some other secret link for full version?

i do think that the wallpapers from Max's Empire would go nice on a big LCD like 20" or so. :cool:

here's a wallpaper sites thread where i tried to just make a list of any good wallpaper sites. if you know some good sites, feel free to add them in as well. :D

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=37144&page=1&pp=25&

12. thread starter macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

Ah... Thanks :rolleyes:

13. macrumors regular