desktop & windows keep popping from front to back

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by QueenMadge, Apr 20, 2006.

1. QueenMadge macrumors newbie

I have a display issue that is driving me nuts. I am sure it is something simple but I don't know where to look to fix it. My display will pop windows back and forth from in front to back and once its activated it won't stop. I am sure it is a system preference somewhere but I would love to turn it off. I want to be able to pull the back window forward on my own not have the computer do it. It seemed to go nuts after I pulled the widget thingys forward by clicking on the round button on the top of my mouse. I am a windows to mac converter so if I'm not calling something by its appropriate name please forgive the misnaming. TIA

Edited to add I have a intel iMac
    Margot

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Can you replicate this by pressing F9, F10 or F11? If so, then it sounds like Exposé is causing you grief and I'd look in System Preferences, under Dashboard & Exposé to turn off the Active Screen Corners using the drop down lists. I might be on the wrong track, but it sounds like you might be accidentally invoking Exposé using hot corners.

If I am wrong (happens all the time, way too often for my liking), then maybe post a screen shot of what's happening. You can do this by using the keyboard shortcut COMMAND-SHIFT-3 where COMMAND is the key with an Apple symbol on it. :)

3. gekko513 macrumors 603

gekko513

My guess is the side buttons on the Mighty Mouse activating Exposé. You can turn that behaviour off in System Preferences -> Keyboard and Mouse -> Mouse

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

*Slaps head*

Yeah, or that. I forgot about Mighty Mouse. :eek:

Good work. :)