Desktopple 1.1

Discussion in 'macOS' started by GITANAJAVA, Nov 21, 2006.

1. GITANAJAVA macrumors regular

GITANAJAVA

Curious to know if anyone here has tried this out:

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/20474

If so, did it work well for you, pretty much problem-free? As many screenshots as I take and considering the number of presentations I do for clients where I need to do a fast "clean sweep" of my desktop, this looks useful. Just a tad wary, though, as occasionally some widgets, etc. seem to "hang".

In advance, thanks for any pertinent feedback on this :D

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

I've played around with a few times over the last six months or so and used it for a presentation or two. No problems here...worked beautifully.

3. GITANAJAVA thread starter macrumors regular

GITANAJAVA

4. backsidetailsli macrumors 65816

backsidetailsli

damn this is another sick app finding from this forum thanks tread starter

5. cazlar macrumors 6502

I've been using it for quite a while. Simple little app, but works well, so I can happily throw things in my Desktop folder, but always have a clean desktop. My only hangup was not being able to click on the Desktop to switch to Finder, but I seemed to have trained that out of myself since using this.

6. GITANAJAVA thread starter macrumors regular

GITANAJAVA

If you command/drag the icon from Finder/Apps to your menu bar, you'll accomplish nearly the same action. I did that 4 days ago after discovering this sweet app, left the app open and it hasn't interfered with ops at all. You can dock it, too, but I appreciate the ever-present mini-icon in the menu bar to remind me just how easy it is to click on-click off my desktop. The preferences are simple too, no head-scratching or tech dictionary needed. :D