Desperate for Mail Help

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by kathyricks, Nov 26, 2012.

1. macrumors regular

Whenever I launch the Mail program, I can't receive or send mail for several minutes because hundreds of mail messages end up getting loaded into the Dock like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSEgwRf0AYA
    What is causing this and how to I disable it? I am running 10.6.8.

2. macrumors 68000

MisterKeeks

Are they messages that you started and then quit out of mail? Mail opens all letters that you had open when you last closed it.

3. macrumors 68030

Snowy_River

Good news and bad news. First, the good news is that this is a fixable problem. The bad news is that it'll take a little work.

First and foremost, you need to get the mail windows that are minimized to the dock out of the dock. This is the biggest work part of it. I don't know a simple way of doing this, so, unless someone else can suggest something, you'll just have to go through clicking each of them to bring them back to full windows. Next, you'll need to close all of these windows. Thankfully, there is an easy way to do this. All you need to do is either hit Command-Option-W or select "Close All Windows" from the File menu. This will shut all windows that are not minimized to the dock. If its easier, you can take it in stages. Pull up 10-20 windows, hit Cmd-Opt-W. Repeat until all your windows are gone.

Hope this helps!

4. thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks everyone - problem fixed!