DESPERATE! Jailbroke iPhone 3GS 4.2.1 broadband 06.15.00

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by SteffiT, Jan 27, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

SteffiT

Ok I think I am in serious trouble here. You guys all seem very smart & have helped me in the past so I am hoping you can again.

I have jailbroken a 3G & my current iPhone 4, I got this line for work (3GS). I cannot figure this out.

Here is what I have:
    iPhone 3GS (which I believe to be a later model since I just got it yesterday & I checked the serial number like a website suggested, the number was 51)

Working on a MacBook Pro, I downloaded Redsnow. When I first ran it I just chose to istall cydia. After that was done the app was on another screen but just a white box.

I read other websites telling me I had to upgrade the baseband to 06.15.00, so I went back to the redsnow & selected that. Then selected reboot in tethered right now.

Cydia came up with the icon, I opened it, went on & downloaded iBlacklist to filter calls coming into that line.

As soon as that download was complete, the phone rebooted & went right into recovery mode.

I can get it out of it by using TinyUmbrella, but it soon enough goes back into it after a frozen Apple screen.

I tried just restoring on iTunes, but it is giving me some error code at the very end, I am assuming its because I upgrading the baseband, I know this cannot be undone though.

All I really even wanted to jail break this one for was the iBlacklist, now I cannot even use the phone. Have I turned it into a paper weight? Or is there any hope of saving it?

I have tried also selecting which restore to do, 4.2.1 off of where I downloaded it, I have tried 2 different sites. Nothing is working.

The screen eventually goes black but I left it alone all last night & tried to turn it on again, even in DFU mode & no luck. FML:confused:

PLEASE someone help. I am not too savvy so dumb it down for me if you can please.

2. '; tmn_ad_iframe.src = 'javascript:window["contents"]'; } })();
  3. macrumors 68000

gngan

If you are with ATT then you do not need to update the baseband. Since you've already updated to iPad baseband then you can't restore through itunes. You will need custom IPSW from Pwnagetool.

the current JB tool is only for tether JB, which means whenever your phone needs to reboot then you will need Redsn0w to boot it.

Go read iClarified's tutorials.

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

SteffiT

Thanks for directing me to the iClarified site. I wish I found that before I tried. The only problem is, I still cannot get it out of recovery mode. I even downloaded the 4.2.1 package it linked to, tried restoring to that version, came up with a 1015 error. Now back stuck on the recovery screen. No clue how to get out of this :(

5. macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

Download TU , hook up your iPhone and press the button conveniently named "Exit Recovery"

6. macrumors member

7. macrumors 65816

Benji222

I wont lie and say i read all of that and im tired so apologies in advance if I missed something.=d.
    Did you try to get past the bootloader by booting with redsnow again?

8. thread starter macrumors newbie

SteffiT

I mentioned above, I can exit recovery mode using this method, but it only lasts about 1 minute before it goes back, during that time my computer does not recognize the phone being plugged in. Thank you though.

9. thread starter macrumors newbie

SteffiT

Yes I did try that. Nothing is getting it out of recovery mode. iTunes says it recognizes there is a phone in RM but when I try to restore it using a custom bundle I downloaded off the internet, or even just back to iTunes, nothing :(

10. macrumors regular

Load up redsn0w.

Browse for the ipsw.

Wait for it to process.

Check the box that says 'Just boot tethered right now'

Follow the instructions on how to get into DFU mode.

Wait for iPhone to reboot. Usually takes a minute or two.

Realize your phone is tethered, and you'll have to do this every time you reboot your phone.

11. thread starter macrumors newbie

SteffiT

I have redone this over & over. Still nothing. I can't get it to turn on or off, just recovery mode. Even when I reboot it it in redsnow, it goes through the motions, comes up with an Apple screen for a little bit, then straight to recovery mode, its stuck on this loop.

12. macrumors 6502a

chargit

well #1 put the phone down and go to lunch...get your mind fresh! based on what I read you did things initially in the wrong order. now Im not sure you understand what they are trying to help you. if in fact you did get your phone jailbroke it is in fact tethered. so you will have to use redsnow (NOT tinyumbrella) to get it to reboot. when you run redsnow there is an option to allow you to just boot the phone tethered. you need to hold both the home button and the power button at the same time and count to 10 or as soon as the apple logo goes away and let go. do not do this while plugged in to your computer. set the phone down for a minute to make sure it does not restart. then you will start the process with redsnow. you will need to hold the home button when you plug it in and hit next on redsnow after you have picked your ipsw and follow the instructions exactly when it says. this should get you started.

13. SteffiT, Jan 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2011

thread starter macrumors newbie

SteffiT

Ok I have done all of that. I understand what people are saying, I've tried it unplugged, plugged in, etc. NOTHING is working. I made a video with my other iPhone of exactly what I am doing to show what error codes I am getting & what my phone is doing.

I'm starting to panic because I need to be able to use this. I am wishing I just left it alone now.

Sorry to be such a pain.

Here is a link to the short video I made. Please watch & give me feedback. Thank you all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oW0x3y0ffA

14. '; tmn_ad_iframe.src = 'javascript:window["contents"]'; } })();
  15. macrumors member

Try this

open redsnow
    browse to OFFICIAL 4.2.1 fw
    click boot in dfu mode only
    open itunes. shift restore to CUSTOM 4.2.1
    after its done open redsnow again
    click OFFICIAL 4.2.1 fw
    click jailbreak.

16. macrumors member

Did you not go to the post I linked? It explains exactly what you need to do. The problem is that iTunes can't restore an iPhone that has the 6.15 iPad baseband. You need to restore a custom firmware to the phone using Redsn0w.

Boot into pwned DFU mode using Redsn0w, hold shift while clicking restore in iTunes, and restore using this firmware for the 3GS or this one for the 3G. Once the restore is complete, install Cydia using Redsn0w. Once that's done, turn off the phone and use Reds0w for a tethered boot.

17. thread starter macrumors newbie

SteffiT

After I tried that it says

"An unexpected error occured. Please try again. Try rebooting your device and changing USB ports.

Unexpected error!"

My MacBook Pro is brand new. Same cord works with my iPhone 4 as well as the same USB port.

This is killing me, I have looked everywhere online. Whoever solves this will be a genius lol :confused:

18. thread starter macrumors newbie

SteffiT

I did try that, downloaded that link, when I tried to select that version iTunes gives me this message

"The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored because the firmware file is not compatible."

UGHHHHHHHH :(

19. macrumors member

Did u try to restore with a custom firmware?
    Something like this
    iPhone2,1_4.2.1_8C148a4.2.1Custom_Restore

20. thread starter macrumors newbie

SteffiT

Yes, no luck, same error message from iTunes. Thank you though.

21. thread starter macrumors newbie

SteffiT

Ok, I wonder if this would work in any way. I have my iPhone 4 jailbroken on Version 4.1 Firmware 02.10.04.

Is there any way I can back this up somewhere, then apply it to the 3GS that is not working? I have NO clue how to work SSH or whatever they are called, just a shot in the dark.

Could it be the iTunes version I have? It is 10.1.1:confused:

22. macrumors member

No, the firmware is different.

Doubtful.

Just to be absolutely sure, you used Redsn0w to boot into pwned DFU mode, right? You didn't try to restore to the custom firmware in regular DFU mode? If that isn't the issue, perhaps you need to run Tinyumbrella's TSS server while restoring the custom firmware.

If that doesn't do it, I think this guy may have had success with this guide.

23. thread starter macrumors newbie

SteffiT

Yes sir. I have NO clue what's going on. I am at a convention in Long Beach, CA for work, I just went down the street to the AT&T store since I just got the phone 2 days ago, they said they cannot figure out what its doing (I didn't mention I jailbroke it lol, I just wanted to see if they could even get it to turn back on), no luck.

I m going to check out that link you gave right now. Thank you o much for all your input. I greatly appreciate it.

24. thread starter macrumors newbie

SteffiT

The reason I thought of this is I have found a few sites where they were saying if they accidentally upgraded their software, if they had it backed up in SSH of whatever its called, it could be undone. So I was thinking I could use my iPhone & it would downgrade the firmware & baseband......wishful thinking I guess.

25. macrumors member

Ah, no, that wouldn't help you. They were referring to downgrading their firmware using backed up copies of the hash Apple sent them when they were originally on that firmware.

Your issue is with restoring, not downgrading. You'd be in the same boat whichever firmware you were trying to restore to.

Let me know once you've tried my original suggestion with the Tinyumbrella TSS server running, and the new one I linked to.

26. thread starter macrumors newbie

SteffiT

Could you let me know what to do with TinyUmbrella please? I have it, but I only know how to use it to exit recovery mode lol.

I just called The Westin's engineering guy to bring up a bunch of small screwdrivers to my room to try & take the battery out, got the bottom two out, and couldn't pop the face, I was afraid I was going to cause even more damage lol.

27. thread starter macrumors newbie

SteffiT

Ok this is what I just tried, I hooked my crashed phone up & it had a ? mark next to it with a bunch of numbers & would only let me kick my device out of RM. There was save my SHSH files but I clicked on that & nothing happened for a while, I'm assuming because of whatever I have managed to do to this thing.

So I hooked up my functioning iPhone4 & clicked save & now these are the options under saved SHSHs

iPhone4 4.1
    iPhone4 4.2.1
    iPhone4 4.2b3
    iPhone4 4.3b2

Now what? lol

28. '; tmn_ad_iframe.src = 'javascript:window["contents"]'; } })();