Details of my first day back on the job!

Discussion in 'Community' started by MacDawg, Jan 19, 2005.

1. MacDawg macrumors P6

Mar 20, 2004
    "Between the Hedges"
    OK, so you all know that today was my first day back on the job... and I would have posted back in that thread to update you, but I figured that thread had served its purpose, which was to tell you I was leaving this morning to get back on the job!

Anyway, I reported for duty this morning, and promptly went to the wrong break room (its been a while since I've been out there!) and had to be lead by the hand to the right place (not literally, but felt like it! :eek: )

My shift started at 0630 (6:30 o'clock military time)

By 0700 I was bleeding, LOL :eek:
    I cut my finger while cleaning an oil spill. I didn't know it till my hand got sticky and blood was everywhere on my hand! LOL So I went and got my gloves, doh!

By 0900 my right glove got ripped open when it got stuck in a cargo door. LOL. By then my finger had stopped bleeding though! :rolleyes:

By 1000 my watch was missing. LOL. I looked to see what time it was because I was getting hungry. GONE! I have no idea where it is! Probably on an airplane to Philadelphia or something. I never felt a thing. (This from the guy who didn't know that his finger was leaving a trail of blood!)

Stopped by the store to pick up a new watch on the way home. Have you ever tried to open one of those confounded boxes they put them in! I bent the stem on the watchband that latches it trying to get it out. I also ripped on of the loops for the watchband off too.

Ha! Ha! LOL! Its been an exciting and interesting day!

Got to see some of my old buddies from years ago. Of course they were all surprised to see me and had to hear the whole story from start to finish about where I had been and what I had done. Kinda felt like Bilbo Baggins in the telling of There and Back Again.

Can't wait to see what tomorrow holds! I'm going to postpone working overtime till next week. I'm going to come home to my Advil/Naproxen every evening this week. LOL!

Woof, Woof - Dawg
  2. DanTekGeek macrumors 6502

Nov 11, 2004
    Denver, CO
    glad to see you are back! they really shafted you!
  3. jasylonian macrumors regular

Sep 25, 2003
    your attitude towards life is truly inspirational. good luck with tomorrow.
  4. JesseJames macrumors 6502a

Mar 28, 2003
    How'd I get here? How can I leave?
    Keep on truckin' dude.
    Don't let the bastards grind you down.
    A man can be a king in his own heart. As long as he has the right attitude.

And NEVER let them get to you.
  5. mactastic macrumors 68040

Apr 24, 2003
    Glad to hear you're back at work 'Dawg. Have you seen this article on naproxen though? I'm sticking to the Advil myself these days.
  6. MacDawg thread starter macrumors P6

Mar 20, 2004
    "Between the Hedges"
    Thanks mactastic!
    Yes, I've seen the warnings, but I'm alternating between the two and don't take enough to really worry. Anyway, I think the burgers, French Fries, Diet Coke, etc. will get me first!

Woof, Woof - Dawg
  7. Deefuzz macrumors 6502a

Jan 27, 2004
    St. Louis, MO
    sounds like an interesting day Dawg, but you still seem upbeat.

If you don't mind could you point me towards the thread you are referring to? I must have missed it :(
  8. angelneo macrumors 68000

Jun 13, 2004
    Here it is.

Wow MacDawg, I really hope I can have your zest when I get older. Hope everything works out for you. Have a Great Day!
  9. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

Jul 23, 2002
    Jobs' Spare Liver Jar
    Cut out the fries and you're good to go.

Remember, when you finally snap and lose it -- a combat shotgun is the most effective anti-personnel (or management, in this case) weapon readily available. I suggest aiming for knees because the less innocent people you actually kill, the more likely you are to go down as a working class folk hero.