Details of Secret Public Broadcasting Study

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by IJ Reilly, Jul 1, 2005.

1. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Warning, your tax dollars at work...

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-et-cpb1jul01,1,5334043.story

2. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Have these guys forgotten completely about Firing Line?

3. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

with those definitions, of course the finding will be "liberal." as would an examination of just about any well-formed journalistic effort.

among the tell-tale signs of a foregone conclusion in search of a study is that they never bothered to track things like "anti-kerry", "anti-democratic party" and "use of liberal as putdown."

4. IJ Reilly thread starter macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

The intentions are obvious: anyone who disagrees with the administration for any reason at any time is an enemy.

5. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Funny, there sure must have been an awful lot of "anti-Clinton" people with a 'D' after their name in 1998. So I'm sure these guys would have reached the conclusion that the media was biased to the right then?

6. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

What bothers me is that our government seems to have no problem wasting money to study PBS, and pay people to support Bush's programs (not to mention how many billions we spend on the war)... but a few million for PBS is too much money. :confused: As is health care, public education, environmental concerns. Remember, we don't know if global warming is real. We have to study it more. And apparently 5 years isn't long enough. :rolleyes:

Point being, doesn't it negate the argument that money is the main concern when they're spending so much money to try to prove they're partisan? Or whatever they're trying to prove. I'm still kinda not sure what the point of this is.

7. Inspector Lee macrumors 6502a

Inspector Lee

Yeah, I can't wait until next year's olympics. Looking forward to seeing that Jesse Owens guy run here in town. Oh wait a minute... :D