Details of the Apple job cuts....

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by medea, Feb 11, 2003.

1. medea macrumors 68030

medea

Apple disclosed in an SEC filing on Monday that it eliminated 260 positions in the last three months of 2002 as it closed manufacturing operations in Singapore and shifted strategy in its PowerSchool education unit, reports c|net. "Apple's latest cuts follow other moves made in the past 18 months. In the fourth quarter of fiscal 2002, the Mac maker cut 180 positions, of which 162 were eliminated by Dec. 28. Those cuts took place in the PowerSchool unit, in product development, corporate operations and sales for the educational software. In addition, the company cut 425 positions in operations, information systems and administrative functions in the first quarter of 2002."
    http://biz.yahoo.com/e/030210/aapl10-q.html
    http://news.com.com/2100-1040-984068.html

2. Les Kern macrumors 68040

Les Kern

Re: Details of the Apple job cuts....

Don't jump to any conclusions... I just bought Powerschool so did weeks of investigation beforehand. It was from their enterprise solution (more than 10000 students) and was expected.

3. pantagruel macrumors regular

Re: Re: Details of the Apple job cuts....

what the heck are you saying exactly? am I the only one that doesnt understand you?
    whatever, this really sucks for all of those that are unemployed, but this is a regular thing for big businesses.

4. Les Kern macrumors 68040

Les Kern

Re: Re: Re: Details of the Apple job cuts....

You're absolutely right, and nobody knows better than me about losing a job. I am sorry. It was a knee-jerk reaction I guess to the perception by bashers as more proof that Apple is doomed. We know that's certainly not the case. On the job issue, it is an unfortunate fact in the business world, but I've always had a problem with corporations laying off thousands and their stock goes up and the CEO makes millions. But I'm going off topic. If you are one of the unfortunate to lose their job at Apple, you have my deepest sympathy and I wish you all well in the future.