Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Clown

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 8, 2011
Hello guys!

I have MacBook Pro Mid 2009, "15, 2.8 GHz Duo Core model.
I thought about selling this machine to get an upgraded MacBook/MacBook Pro.

This machine includes:
- Kingston SSDNow v300 240GB SSD.
- 8GB (4GB x 2) memory card from Crucial with lifetime warranty.
- *NEW* KeyPower battery (7200mAh/78Wh) with 18 months warranty (just bought it).

This MacBook Pro works very well. It's fast and stable. After all those upgrades it feels like brand new.
The only downside is its cosmetic condition - have some scratches on the upper & bottom lid and a small
dent near the power button.
Other than that everything is super cool - the screen has no scratches, keypad and mouse pad areas are all good.

To sum up, how much do you think I should sell this machine?
Thanks for you answer.

Dark Void

macrumors 68030
Jun 1, 2011
It would be best to do a comparison to what others are selling for, but considering the upgrades, condition, and specific model I would say you'd be looking to get around $400 USD for it if I were to make an educated guess.

The 8 GB kit and the Kingston SSDs are quite cheap, and the battery although new is still third party and that may rub some buyers the wrong way. It's better than no battery though, I'd argue. I think around $400, considering the scratches and more importantly the dent, sounds reasonable for a 2009 15'' Duo with those upgrades.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.