deus ex 2 demo relased today - pc only

Discussion in 'Games' started by lewdvig, Nov 22, 2003.

1. lewdvig macrumors 65816

For those the straddle contrived platform polemnics this is good news!

2. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

kick ass, i can't wait till i get home to try it out. this game will keep me occupied until hl 2 comes out.

iJon

3. aethier macrumors 6502a

aethier

when is aspyr going to release an eliteforce 2 demo, given that the game is already shipping

aethier

4. lewdvig thread starter macrumors 65816

I almost paniced when I saw that it was out. The game isn't due for a couple of weeks.

I dropped some serious jack on upgrading my PC, with HL 2 and D3 delayed I was starting to feel kind of stupid (especially as the PC ugrade meant I could not buy a G5 - I had to get a G4). But with DE2, Call of Duty and KotOR I am happy.

5. lewdvig thread starter macrumors 65816

After my recent Mac gaming experience I will def try before I buy when it coems to games.

I have a prerelease of a major upcoming Mac game (work-related) I am little concerned about how it performs on my Mac (MDD 1.25 with 1gb ram and ATI 9000). The same game plays well over 60fps on my pc with max settings 4x AA and 8x AF.

But heck, maybe I am too picky. I can't even play UT2k3 on my Mac while other people say its smooth on their Pismos (OK, an exaggeration).

When I play ut2003 I want 10*7 max settings and the framerate to never drop below 25fps. I was able to get this from a PC a year ago, so I expect the same from my Mac.

6. lewdvig thread starter macrumors 65816

That was too short. Character models are great. The Harrier looked lame.

7. lewdvig thread starter macrumors 65816

Holy F**K

I just played the NFS Underground demo!

OMG I have never seen such a pretty game before!!! Someone has to port this to the Mac. This is the best race car game ever.

8. CmdrLaForge macrumors 68040

CmdrLaForge

Can you post some screenshots and a little bit more of your experience ?

Thanks and cheers

9. lewdvig thread starter macrumors 65816

It offers a singel short mission. You need to hire a pilot, the only one available is in trouble with a crime boss. She want to be paid to release his aircraft.

Luckily there is a bar where you can bet on a sci fi equivalent of a cock fight to raise the money. If you really want, you can help the odds by 'interfering' with the participants.

Looks like ir will blend the RPG and FPS genres very well.

It looks and sounds great. Lots of NPCs talking. System requirements are reasonable - the game played better than the Contract Jack demo (NOLF prequel) that also came out this week. AA is on by default (can't turn it off).

NFS wins the eye candy award though.

Best use of motion blue I have seen.

10. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

nfs was fun, i like it more than midnight club becuase they actually use honda and the real brands of cars. the only thing i dont like is that they dont do damage, or at least i didnt get any with my nissan z scrapin the walls. i cant wait to get the full version and rice me out a type s rsx.

iJon