Deus ex Mac os X ??

Discussion in 'Games' started by phill1234, Feb 28, 2006.

1. phill1234 macrumors member

Feb 21, 2006
    So i just found my old CD of Deus ex in my house... Wanted to play and i dont got Mac os 9.. So is there a version or something for Mac os X ?? thx !:)
  2. dxm113 macrumors member

Jan 22, 2005
    sorry . . .

Sorry, need to run classic to play it.

There was a large on-line petition and community IIRC that was trying to get someone to port Deus Ex to OSX . . . to no avail . . .
  3. Eric5h5 macrumors 68020

Dec 9, 2004
    No, but it works in Classic. Download and install MacGlide, and then it thinks it's running on a 3Dfx card, which is the best way to play it since Rave mode is awful looking and OpenGL mode has serious glitches (namely, not being able to use the sniper scope). Plus with MacGlide you can use FSAA and AF, and run it in higher resolutions than it ever did originally. Which is cool.

4. socamx macrumors 6502

Oct 7, 2004
    Only problem is running fullscreen games in classic isn't all that great and can be control issues...also performance of macglide can leave a lot to be desired.

Where is this petition at? I would die happy if I could get Deus Ex native.
  5. jamesmcd macrumors 6502a

Feb 18, 2006
    Wellington, New Zealand
    I always booted on Mac OS 9 directly than using MacGlide under OSX Classic... it ran better than classic.

I am on an intel mac now which makes it impossible to play Deus Ex, as there is no classic ability.
  6. Soulstorm macrumors 68000

Feb 1, 2005
    There are unofficial releases from independed developers of Deus Ex for OS X PPC. But those releases were based into UTPG's code for Unreal Tournament for OS X preview 3. Which lacked the optimization for OS X, and the music.
  7. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

Dec 7, 2002
    Florida, USA