1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Develop an app

Discussion in 'iPhone/iPad Programming' started by chillined1212, May 24, 2011.

1. macrumors member

Hi. I have like a couple questions. I want to develop and app for myself, for my youtube channel, that shows videos, blog post, ect. I am just wondering.. where would I find out how to make an app, besides apples developer thing. Cuz I will sign up for it I just wanna know if I am over my head in work or not. I have never developed an app before. Please give me advice and what I should do, if you don't mind.

2. macrumors 603

heisenberg123

can't you just bookmark your youtube channel then make that bookmark a homescreen icon?

3. macrumors member

no. I want to make an app for the subscribers. it had push messages to update when a new video is uploaded. yea i want one pretty similar to all the other youtubers apps

4. macrumors 6502a

bohbot16

How are your programming skills? Are you familiar with object-oriented programming? What languages have you learned?

5. macrumors 65816

JASApplications

It isn't as simple as just 'making an App'. You have to learn C and Objective C which takes a few months. Then familarize yourself with with Xcode, iPhone SDK etc. Make a few simple Apps and then finally get to work on your App. Took me like 7 months from first picking up a book to learn Objective C to seeing my first App on the App Store.

6. macrumors newbie

Jahnsrud