Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bjornl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 3, 2006
Hi.

I'm looking for the developer tools for Mac OS X 10.1 Puma. Are they available for download somewhere on the Net? I have been looking at the ADC site but couldn't find anything elderly than developer tools for Jaguar.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
If they're not on ADC I'd say you stand little chance of downloading them: I don't know of anywhere that mirrors them...

jimthorn

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2003
Huntington Beach, CA, USA
I believe they would be available on the System Restore discs of a OS X 10.1-era Mac. I had an iBook from that time that came with 10.1 installed, but I don't have the discs any more. But you could probaly pick up a set for cheap on eBay and then use a utility like Pacifier to pull the install off the disc. If I remember correctly, it was a .dmg file that installed Project Builder and related apps (this was pre-Xcode).

Just curious -- what do you need this for? The user base for OS X 10.1 must be really, really, really small. And any machine that can run 10.1 must be able to run at least 10.2 (a much better vesion of the OS).

SuperCompu2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2006
MA
Not that it matters to the topic, but I'd rather use OS 9.2 than 10.1, It is the epitome of limited.

But anyways, I agree in that if its not on the ADC website, it's not likely to be widely available anymore. Maybe some far off techie site that hasn't been updated since like 2002, but no modern website would host it.

jimthorn

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2003
Huntington Beach, CA, USA
Yes, here is a set of 10.1.4 discs on eBay that originally came with an iBook. As I said before, these discs would be different than a retail packaged version of 10.1, which would only contain the OS. These iBook discs have all the extra apps that are pre-installed on a Mac. Which includes games, third party utilities and apps, and the installer for the Developer Tools.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250073701071

Only 99 cents! And you get OS 9.2.2 too!

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
bjornl, It's you're lucky day! I've found my 10.1 Developers Tools CD. If you are in the UK I'll copy it (sorry Apple) and send you the copy. PM me your address if you want it...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.