Developers: Please new utility to print out iCal calendars!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Guntis, Dec 7, 2004.

1. Guntis macrumors member

Guntis

Hi Mac software developers,
    Can anyone create utility to print out user-customizabe (xml?) iCal calendars? If you have ever printed iCal monthly view with lots of items going through the whole week (let's say, 6 or 8 - for different departments in small organization), then you know that printout is good for nothing -- in landscape view the upper half of the page is left almost blank, while at the bottom part event titles are so big, that nothing fits in. While on my 15" PowerBook screen I can (sometimes) see up to 5 events simultaneously, on printout it's good if I can see 2!... Why Apple chose to use 14pt or 16pt letters is beyond my understanding. Outlook printouts are excellent in this regard. So my request is if you really want to earn some money, please create some utility ($10-15) to print out calendars in such a way that the printouts are usable...The best thing would be user-defined template with font sizes, font faces, adjustable margins and distances, etc.
    Any one seconds my indea?

2. dotnina macrumors 6502a

I swear I saw some kind of iCal / better printout dealy on VersionTracker recently.

I'll try to go hunt it down. Anyone know what I might be thinking of?

Edit: This isn't what I was thinking of, but here's a $10 shareware option:
    http://www.pocketmac.net/products/pmicalprinter/

3. Guntis thread starter macrumors member

Guntis

Yes, this app can print calendars, but this isn't exactly what I am looking for -- I need to be able to print monthly views as they are on the screen, with better layout and smaller font size so that more events would fit in.

I am really surprised that so long time after iCal introduction no one has paid attention to this issue! When I printed my first iCal monthly view, I could not believe my eyes how poor that layout was. My friend printed his Outlook calendar, and I even did not dare to show my printout from iCal because he would laugh and laugh about Mac...